SummaryEveryone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that's what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person's individuality, because there's power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That's why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL...
The General Mechanic ensures all personal, facility, and department safety standards are met. Operates, installs, and maintains components which make up the building as well as the buildings' electrical, heating, ventilation, overhead doors and other mechanical systems including their controls, but within the limits of his/her defined skill.
This role is with goodblend , one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (goodblend) and Texas (goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision ... pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com .
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Paint, remodel, refurbish areas as needed.
- Repair, maintain/monitor all equipment and amenities.
- Clean windows and glass doors.
- Change of all filters for HVAC as required.
- Remove and properly dispose of all recyclable materials.
- Change light bulbs, interior and exterior, as needed.
- Maintain exterior property, including snow removal.
- Oversee daily trash removal, restocking/cleaning restrooms, sweeping/mopping/vacuuming, cleaning/disinfecting community surfaces, cleaning exterior entryway/cigarette receptacles, graffiti removal, and cleaning/polishing/floor maintenance for elevators.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU'LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Completion of a maintenance vocational/technical school or a recognized apprenticeship program
- Minimum 3 years' experience in the operation, repair and maintenance of building structures, systems, and equipment
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience with CMMS systems
- Proficient in the use of test meters and other diagnostic equipment
- Journeyman Class B, Systems Contractor Class C, or Systems Technician Class D.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems and equipment.
- Working knowledge of motors, electrical controls, lighting, gas systems and building systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment
- Exposure to bright light where eye protection is required
- Exposure to cannabis odor
- Exposure to skin contact with plants, to which some individuals may be allergic
- Exposure to moderate heat and humidity
- Must be able to sit, stand and do repetitive actions with your hands for long periods of time
- Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
- Prolonged periods standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing ladders or scaffolding
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU...
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn't fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the "traditional" solution isn't the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision - why we exist - is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission - how we will do this - is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values - Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Charitable Gift Matching
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote