SummaryCuraleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 130 dispensaries, 25 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
Lab Processing Technician Job Summary:
We are seeking a Lab Processing Technician to support our production lab in Taneytown, MD. The Processing Tech will support our technical staff in the production, prepping and testing of medicinal cannabis products by ensuring an organized, clean, and safe work environment by performing the following functions.
Essential Job Duties:
- Explores opportunities to add value to job (innovative ideas) to benefit the organization and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Proactively finds other work-related tasks • Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Labels and disposes biohazard, chemical and/or green waste appropriately.
- Maintains inter- and intradepartmental work flow by fostering a spirit of cooperation (hand offs).
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves laboratory resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment. •Preparation of biomass for extraction.
- Sample biomass and in process goods for HPLC analysis.
- Sanitizes processing glassware, extraction socks/materials, and general lab work areas
- Documents work in notebooks, excel tracking spreadsheets, and state-required compliance tracking software
- Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshoots problems to the full extent of ability
- Actively participate in the laboratory quality plan/program (ex. investigative reports, notification of delays, etc.)
- Participate in the training of new staff by serving as a mentor and technical resource.
Job Qualification Requirements:
- • Must be able to work flexible shift
- • Must be punctual and able to follow directions
- • Must have experience in food industry/prepping/mixing/baking/cleaning.
- • High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor's degree preferred
- • At least one year of manufacturing and packaging experience with a focus on ensuring product safety, consumer safety and satisfaction, and high product quality.
- • Must be at least 21 years of age.
- • Must not have been convicted of any felony offenses pursuant to state statues.
- • Must be in current role 6 months or more to transfer/apply
- • Must be an outstanding team-builder and have excellent verbal/written communication skills
- • Must have accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail
- • Must follow Good Manufacturing Practice standards
- • Must be able to act safely and professionally while working in a fast-paced, high production environment
- • Must be proficient with Microsoft outlook and Microsoft Office
- • Act safely and professionally always
- • Able to safely handle the following hazardous materials:
- • Argon
- • Butane
- • Propane
- • Ethanol in large volumes
- • Isopropyl alcohol
- • Acetone
- • Glycols
- • Silicone-based thermal fluids
- • Critically hot material
- • Extremely cold material
- Job Skills:
- • Attention to detail.
- • Effective communication skills.
- • Strong work ethic.
- • Willingness to learn and improve each operation.
- • Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Language Skills Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must display professional telephone etiquette and be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively present information in one on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry our instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 or more pounds and regularly move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment - The noise level in the work environment is above average with equipment running. The employee is frequently exposed to an environment of natural chemical fumes, herbal aromas, airborne particles, exposed to wet, humid, hot, and/or cold conditions. Employee will have moderate exposure to conditions such as dust and particles that affect the respiratory system, eyes, or the skin, depending on department job assignments. Personal Protective Equipment is provided for employees to utilize
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.