Want to make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives while earning a competitive salary? At Jushi , we are shaping the future of the cannabis industry, the fastest growing jobs sector in the U.S. The Cultivation Lead position provides oversight to the Cultivation Technicians and specified rooms to support the activities and operations of the Cultivation Department while abiding by all applicable policies, procedures, and operational guidelines. This position is generally responsible to maintaining productivity, safety, and quality in Cultivation operations for one or more rooms in the cultivation department.
- Responsible to complete any work assigned during scheduled shifts.
- Provide leadership to the Cultivation Technicians to ensure cultivation duties are efficiently and timely completed in a manner consistent with the company's Standard Operation Procedure for each duty.
- Responsible for keeping their designated room on schedule related to plant work, light and fertigation changes, biological predator application, and harvest.
- Responsible for maintaining the schedule, productivity, safety, and quality of one or more rooms in the Cultivation Department.
- Initial Cultivation Lead duties will involve essential Cultivation operations and may be expanded over time. Daily responsibilities include:
- Overseeing and carrying out plant work, and specifically (but not exclusively) big leaf and bottom stripping in flower rooms.
- Enforcement of safety standards, GMP guidelines, and approved procedures with Cultivation Technicians during day-to-day work.
- Maintain seed-to-sale tracking data input, sweeping and disinfecting flower/vegetative rooms, disposing of used growing media, preparing rooms for a refill, and all general cleaning.
- Weekly responsibilities include: data collection and supervising spot cleaning, flipping flower blocks, consolidating vegetative trays, planting coco cubes, watering, and light maintenance.
- Monthly responsibilities include: supervising and taking part in harvesting and big leafing, applying predatory insects, hanging sticky cards for IPM monitoring, helping with monthly on-hand inventory counts, assisting with safety meetings, taking clones, and rotating mother plants.
- Responsible to follow all applicable operational guidelines, comply with verbal directives, and practice and/or implement all safety, security, sanitation, policies, procedures, rules, skills, and the like presented during training, by management, in Standard Operating Procedures, or otherwise when performing job duties.
- Responsible to understand and follow all GACP/GMP guidelines throughout the facility.
- Perform such other duties as employee is qualified to perform and may be assigned.
- Knowledge of large scale commercial plant cultivation, including but not limited to, nutrient requirements, growing media, light requirements, temperature control, and airflow.
- Experience with compliance systems.
- Experience directing teams of people on daily responsibilities.
- Advanced cannabis plant and genetics knowledge.
- Must accept accountability, have a proactive attitude, and demonstrate consistent attention to detail.
- Active listening and effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences, are critical.
- Basic math skills are necessary.
- Basic understanding of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and particularly those governing cannabis, and organizational rules, directives, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to work independently throughout the day in accordance with instructions.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, and particularly computer equipment and software such as word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications, and electronic mail.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees, management, customers, government representatives such as facility inspectors
- Degree in Horticulture, Plant Science, Agronomy, Plant Biology, or related field, or a minimum of 2 years of experience cultivating plants, or registered in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Pharmacy Technician
- Must pass background and drug screening
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required of the employee for this job. Further, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability