At TerrAscend, we are on a mission to shape the future of the cannabis industry by creating leading marijuana-based therapies for patients and developing premium products for legalized adult recreational use. We are one of the largest and fastest growing multi-state, vertically integrated cannabis operators in North America. We're on a roll and are just getting started!
The Packaging Technician is key production role and will assist in the execution of processing and packaging activities in a cannabis production environment to ensure complete and on time execution of production schedules. This individual will support the maintenance of various packaging and manufacturing standards as well as coordinate the opening of the operation and closing of the department daily with the department manager. Duties include adherence to quality standards, proper alignment with current SOPs, and record keeping of production metrics. This position reports to the Processing and Extraction Manager. This is a full-time position.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to daily packaging schedules to ensure attainment of quality and efficiency goals.
- Verify working areas are clean and in good working order.
- Maintain and Review packaging and labeling equipment/tools are operating properly.
- Operate and calibrate both automated and manual equipment including filling machines and scales.
- Perform processing activities with strict attention to quality, safety, and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure packaging and labeling follow applicable legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Provide and accurately update production data and records.
- Maintain personal training documentation.
- Cross-train other packaging line operators.
- Transport product to secure inventory areas.
- Contribute to continuous improvement process and work instructions.
- Ensure proper communication of tasks through shift changes.
- Assist with inventory counts of packaging and labeling components, finished products, and supplies.
- Adhere to safe chemical handling and disposal protocols defined by material safety data sheets (MSDS).
- Maintain a safe, orderly, and clean work area by sweeping, mopping, and cleaning as needed.
- Report any unsafe or hazardous work conditions to the Packaging Supervisor.
- Work all shifts as needed to complete critical tasks.
- Perform other duties as required.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- 1-2 Years of Experience in a Manufacturing, Production, or Assembly environment is a plus.
- 1-2 Years in a Distribution Environment is a plus.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Self-motivated to learn and improve.
- Strong mathematical skills with ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide various units of measure.
- Proficient in computer applications (Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Etc...).
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, constantly changing, team environment.
- Effectively communicate in English, both written and verbal.
- Capable of sitting, standing, kneeling, bending, squatting and/or walking for extended periods.
- Ability to push, pull, or lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply information from manuals, data sheets, or other documents.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all company regulations.
Benefits (full-time employees eligible):
- Employee Discount (all employees eligible)
- 15 days PTO (40 hours rollover allowance)
- Health, vision, and dental insurance (with telehealth option)
- 401k with 4% matching (100% vested immediately)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
*** Background Check Requirement ***
As a condition of employment, a complete background investigation will be conducted based on the rules of the specific State in which the employee is hired. Typically, the state investigative process includes a state and federal background check.
At TerrAscend, employees and applicants are evaluated based on their qualifications, skills, and ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. TerrAscend is committed to assuring equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
TerrAscend is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, to include gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and gender identity, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and the like is not exhaustive, rather it is illustrative of the current essential functions required for the position.
This organization participates in E-Verify.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.. Si E-Verify no puede confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar, este empleador está requerido a darle instrucciones por escrito y una oportunidad de contactar al Departamento de Seguridad Nacional (DHS) o a la Administración del Seguro Social (SSA) para que pueda empezar a resolver el problema antes de que el empleador pueda tomar cualquier acción en su contra, incluyendo la terminación de su empleo. Los empleadores sólo pueden utilizar E-Verify una vez que usted haya aceptado una oferta de trabajo y completado el Formulario I-9. Para más información sobre E-Verify, o si usted cree que su empleador ha violado sus responsabilidades de E-Verify, por favor contacte a DHS.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.