SummaryIn Grown Farms is a subsidiary of Acreage Holdings focused on growing and producing high quality product in the Illinois market. The Quality and Compliance Technician works closely with Compliance Manager in managing all quality management (QA/QC) and compliance operations at IGF cultivation and production facility in Freeport, IL. Specifically, the Quality and Compliance Technician will play a support role in upgrading or developing and implementing quality assurance policies and standard operating procedures and ensure compliance with all standard operating procedures and applicable federal, state, county, and municipal laws, regulations, ordinances, and regulations.
Position Summary :
Carryout functions of the facility's Quality and Compliance department and assist management in ensuring employees understand and follow all standard operating procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under Manager supervision, assists with maintaining and updating Quality Management System.
- Assists other facility personnel in completing process and product testing to ensure quality standards are met and oversee determination of finished product disposition.
- Assist Manager in review and approval of any deviations to procedures and submit SOP revision request as necessary.
- Maintain sanitation and quality control practices that ensure the safety and quality of cannabis, including purity and consistency.
- Support Manager with review of findings and follow-up action of any investigation performed.
- Assist with assembling employees, or experts needed to conduct a cannabis product complaint investigation.
- Under Manager direction implement recall procedures that are supported by test results or other scientific documentation or expert opinion or as mandated by applicable regulations.
- Assist in implementing policies, procedures, and best practices to promote compliance.
- Assist in conducting or overseeing audits of the facility.
- Assist in investigation and resolution of compliance concerns, issues, or violations.
- Support Manager in collaborating with the PM and/or corporate compliance team to compile compliance concerns, issues or violations.
- Stay up to date with changes in rules and regulations.
- Assist Manager with promoting awareness and responsibility through training and regular communication throughout the facility.
- Previous experience in a QA/QC role in a production facility preferred.
- Prior compliance experience preferred, ideally in regulated industry, such as cannabis, alcohol, tobacco, or manufacturing.
- H.S. Diploma or equvalent required; Associate's degree preferred
- The ability to deliver on specific performance goals
- The interpersonal skills and credibility to communicate with employees, regulators and inspectors.
- Analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying complex problems and providing effective resolutions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Work under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
- Ability to understand the fluid nature of the cannabis industry and adapt without compromising the advisory role for which you were hired.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass any and all required background checks
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.