Job Purpose - Apply knowledge of food production and packaging in performing a broad range of duties related to the day-to-day operations and production of company products. This includes: the preparation of supplies, materials, and equipment; maintenance of equipment and facilities; storekeeping functions; and proper and safe use of equipment and materials.
Primary Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Communicate with Production Team Management for daily production plans, packaging and maintenance of equipment related to production.
- Follow all Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and attend training(s) on new procedures and equipment.
- Record all pertinent information for manufactured products into daily production logs.
- Provide input to improve daily activities and efficiencies. Prepare product packaging (sanitizing, drying, labeling, etc.) and assemble goods into final packaging.
- Maintain, clean, sanitize, and properly store production tools and equipment.
- Follow instructions for set-up and usage of equipment; immediately cease use and report equipment in need of repair.
- Gather adequate supply of materials needed for daily production and follow proper chain of custody procedures (documentation and security) for supplies and ingredients.
- Enforce and maintain a clean and safe work environment in compliance with OSHA, GMP and GLP, ensuring proper ingredient storage and handling.
- Perform basic food preparation to include: mixing, heating, chilling, cutting, and blending various ingredients in a timely fashion to meet daily production demands.
- Responsible for maintaining a tour friendly appearance in production rooms.
- Properly dispose of garbage at shift end and/or as needed.
- Work with potentially dangerous tools, equipment and/or chemicals that could cause physical and/or health hazards if/when handled inappropriately.
- Wear various safety gear such as goggles, masks, aprons, gloves, hairnets, etc. throughout work shift.
- Lift up to 60 pounds, stand, bend and twist throughout shift.
Candidates will be standing for most of their shift
Indoor facility, all PPE provided by Dixie. Keep in mind the facility can be hot at times
No experience required. Candidates with food production work, waiters/waitress experience are ideal for this position. If there are candidates with edible creation experience, they are eligible for higher pay rate decided by Dixie (potentially $16.50).
High school graduate or equivalent and/or experience working in a commercial food prep kitchen.
About Dixie Brands
No description provided.
Let’s get you hired! To apply to this job, create a free Vangst account below. Once you’re in, you can complete and submit your application right from this page.