At Holistic Industries we are building a great place to work, shop and invest in cannabis. Our mission is to provide patients and customers with the highest quality, safest cannabis medicine possible. As our name suggests, we care for the whole person. Scaling from a seed of inspiration in 2011, Holistic Industries is now one of the largest and fastest growing private MSOs (Multi-State Operators) in the country. We're able to deliver consistent value to employees, patients, and investors because of the values that drive our work - how we do business and why. We have one of the most seasoned teams in the industry, a budding "Greenhouse of Brands" and a meaningful model of doing well by doing good. Our company develops and offers a wide range of proprietary strains that increase desired cannabinoids such as CBD. These high CBD strains have become our foundation for growing, packaging, and selling the best cannabis in our markets. We are committed to harvesting and crafting industry-leading strains, consumer brands, and medical-grade products based on the most progressive science in the space. Holistic Industries has a unique model and approach that enables it to win licenses, scale operations and introduce national brands successfully in highly regulated markets. The company has proven to be responsible stewards of capital since its inception by sourcing licenses on merit rather than simply acquiring them on the open market. A "GREENHOUSE OF BRANDS" beginning with our flagship retail and wholesale brand, Liberty Cannabis, we continue to prove our ability to launch new brands from scratch and attract noteworthy partners.
We are deeply and actively committed to the communities we serve; our efforts under Liberty Cannabis Cares are focused on four pillars: Social Equity, Diversity, Community, and Cannabis Literacy.
Our team includes the nation's most knowledgeable experts in cultivation and medical dispensing, along with professionals who are top of their fields in medical professions, security, agriculture, real estate, and the legal distribution of other highly controlled substances. We are a team of best-in-class executives and staff from within and outside the industry who share a passion for advancing cannabis products and retail experience at scale.
Our well-established company is growing rapidly and adding to our team of professionals and specialists. Our employees receive PTO, paid Sick Leave, medical, dental, vision and other leave benefits as part of our highly competitive compensation package. Join us as we build a great place to work, shop, and invest.
Holistic Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About the Job:
The Laboratory Supervisor acts as an assistant to the Processing Manager. This position will work to organize and maintain laboratory operations and procedures, handle daily operations with a focus on efficiency and time management, maintain intra-office/lab communication protocols, streamline administrative procedures, inventory control, and task delegation.
- Assist Processing Manager in management of day-to-day laboratory operations
- Supervise and assign daily tasks of laboratory technicians, packaging supervisor and packaging laborers
- Assist with production scheduling to ensure turnaround times are maintained, coordinated and communicated among laboratory, sales and administrative personnel
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to all laboratory scheduling including, but not limited to: production, equipment maintenance, sanitation SOPs, annual personnel training and safety inspections
- Ensure the lab is well organized, workflows are streamlined, and hold regular meetings with laboratory staff to set work priorities
- Assist Processing Manager to identify and implement procedural and policy changes to improve lab operational efficiency
- Oversees Quality Assurance of all batch records and data collection for laboratory and packaging processes
- Maintains laboratory and packaging reports, records and files
- Ensure personnel are trained on SOPs
- Maintain laboratory consumables inventory and manages ordering
- Performs data and inventory audits to ensure accuracy and adherence to corporate and state mandated regulations
- Coordinate workflow and work schedules from sampler dispatch through testing and reporting of data to customers
- Work with 3rd party laboratories to submit samples and interpret data results
- Required to maintain strict adherence to safety and Quality Assurance protocols
- Physical Demands: VERY LABOR INTENSIVE. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 75 pounds (125 pounds with assistance), may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching. Moderate to loud exposure to noise level.
- Regulations require that incumbent be able to obtain and maintain state marijuana work credentials.
- Holistic Industries hires at least 21 years of age and up.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required
- Previous marijuana industry experience preferred with priority given to candidates with experience in licensed facilities
- 3+ yrs experience in laboratory operations
- 1+ yrs management experience preferred
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and email
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent management skills with demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and technical team
- Highly detail oriented and organized, critical eye for optimizing workflows
- Excellent communication skills with ability to clearly and succinctly explain organizational goals and specific tasks
- Ability to inspire and motivate employees; encourage productivity, teamwork, and a collaborative environment
- Demonstrate effective delegation of tasks
- Ability to manage and develop key performance indicators of staff members
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills with demonstrated ability to gather information and develop solutions
- Effectively manage changing priorities and remain calm under pressure
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dependability toward assigned tasks and duties
- Displays professionalism and positive attitude toward assigned tasks, projects and colleagues
- Strong ethics and sound judgment
- Must be able to successfully pass a thorough internal and external background check.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote