SummaryAt TerrAscend, we are on a mission to shape the future of the cannabis industry by creating leading marijuana-based therapies for patients and developing premium products for legalized adult recreational use. We are one of the largest and fastest growing multi-state, vertically integrated cannabis operators in North America. We're on a roll and are just getting started!
It's a Joint Effort
We believe that How We Work Together Matters. Our priority is to assemble a team that believes not just in what we do but how and why we do it. Our most successful team members know that being of service to our patients, our customers, and each other is what separates us from other organizations. Our continued success is dependent upon bringing together the brightest minds in business with best-in-class cultivation and elevated patient and customer experiences, so we continue to set the standard for the industry.
Sound like weed be a good fit?
Here's where you come in.
We are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to own, manage, and drive HR operations in partnership with our retail leadership and field teams in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. As a young organization, we need a changemaker who has "been there and done that" to help us level up our HR organization to provide seamless experiences to our colleagues in the field. We also need someone who sees change as opportunity and can thrive working in gray.
You will be challenged to work tactically across the entire employee lifecycle, and you'll never experience the same day twice. One minute you might be in the field conducting listening sessions to maintain a connection to our employees, the next minute managing a performance matter, and the next minute supporting an employee through a leave request. Regardless of the task, it's critical you have strong situational awareness and EQ as you'll work with diverse stakeholders within the organization.
Where you'll be planted:
This role is a hybrid remote and in-office/in-store role. The regional office is in King of Prussia, PA. Visits to our stores will be necessary to build relationships with and support the retail employee population. We have locations in Pennsylvania (Lancaster, Thorndale, Plymouth Meeting, Bethlehem, Allentown, and Stroudsburg) and New Jersey (Lodi, Maplewood, and Phillipsburg).
To Be Blunt
Year 1 is going to be about:
- Supporting our retail teams within the areas of employee relations, performance management, talent management, compensation, compliance, and engagement
- Actively engaging with retail leadership and field teams both in person and onsite to proactively identify HR opportunities, make recommendations, and implement change as required
- Analyzing all relevant HR KPIs and metrics to identify trends in turnover, hiring, promotions, separations, etc. to support the business in making impactful decisions
- Managing end-to-end employee relations issues in a legally compliant manner while evaluating and managing overall risk
- Creating or updating existing policies, programs, and processes that help drive staff effectiveness and engagement
What We're High On
We value diverse skillsets, talents, and experiences. To be successful in this role we know you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 7+ years of experience of progressive HR experience
- 5+ years of experience in an HR generalist capacity for a multi-site location. Previous retail and/or labor relations experience a plus
- Highly polished interpersonal communication skills and a drive to connect with people
- Self-direction with the ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, extreme attention to detail, and proactive problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time to our dispensaries throughout PA and NJ (approximate 2 hour radius)
Benefits (full-time employees eligible):
- Employee Discount (all employees eligible)
- Paid Time Off
- Health, vision, and dental insurance (with telehealth option)
- 401k with 4% company matching (100% vested immediately)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
*** Background Check Requirement ***
As a condition of employment, a complete background investigation will be conducted based on the rules of the specific State in which the employee is hired. Typically, the state investigative process includes a state and federal background check.
At TerrAscend, employees and applicants are evaluated based on their qualifications, skills, and ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. TerrAscend is committed to assuring equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
TerrAscend is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, to include gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and gender identity, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and the like is not exhaustive, rather it is illustrative of the current essential functions required for the position.
This organization participates in E-Verify.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.. Si E-Verify no puede confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar, este empleador está requerido a darle instrucciones por escrito y una oportunidad de contactar al Departamento de Seguridad Nacional (DHS) o a la Administración del Seguro Social (SSA) para que pueda empezar a resolver el problema antes de que el empleador pueda tomar cualquier acción en su contra, incluyendo la terminación de su empleo. Los empleadores sólo pueden utilizar E-Verify una vez que usted haya aceptado una oferta de trabajo y completado el Formulario I-9. Para más información sobre E-Verify, o si usted cree que su empleador ha violado sus responsabilidades de E-Verify, por favor contacte a DHS.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.