SummaryIn Grown Farms is a subsidiary of Acreage Holdings focused on growing and producing high quality product in the Illinois market.
Acreage Holdings is the largest vertically integrated, multi-state owner of cannabis licenses and assets in the U.S. We deeply believe in the transformational power that cannabis has to heal and change the world. Our mission is to champion and provide access to cannabis' beneficial properties by creating the best quality products and experience.
The Extraction Technician will work under the direction of the Extraction Manager, Supervisor & Lead and is responsible for the facility's overall extraction equipment operation and maintenance, inventory, processing protocols, strategy, and day to day production.
- Selecting and preparing equipment for extraction and distillation
- Operating extraction and distillation equipment and handling extraction gases winterizing, refining, distilling, and/or formulating final product
- Cleaning and maintenance of lab and extraction equipment as required by procedures and manufacturer specifications
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures
- Develop and maintain product formulations and workflow procedures
- Maintain accountability of all raw materials, finished products, and by-products
- Maintain written and electronic records of product and inventory
- Maintain safety equipment and records
- Perform clerical work as it pertains to extraction lab activities
- Participate in packaging and production activities
- Reviewing all training procedures and continuing education on extraction and distillation methodology to ensure best of class performance on all job functions
- Understanding regulations/changes to regulations (local and state level)
- Demonstrates leadership by actions and acts as an example to others at all times
- Manages day to day issues as they arise, requesting assistance as needed
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in horticulture, botany, or related field, preferred
- Knowledge of basic computer and office equipment operations (inventory systems; Word; Excel; Office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems)
- Math required for inventory, projections, and measurements
- Science background preferred
- Familiar with state and local laws
- Cannabis experience preferred
- Experience with proper and safe handling of hazardous materials
- Familiarity with separations, isolations and fractionation
- Knowledge of solvent and solventless extraction methods
- Stay current of practices and new developments in the cannabis extraction industry
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to discern the quality of plant material and finished products
- Strong communication and written skills
- Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching
- Close visual focus required
- This position occasionally requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
- Must pass State Mandated Background Check and minimum 21 years of age
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.