SummaryAt CBD Kratom we believe that an inviting, education-driven environment starts with our people and can only exist when we create the same amongst our teams.
As the Area Manager, you will oversee all aspects of sales, operations, and merchandising in our St. Louis locations. Turns company strategy into successful customer experiences by having a passion for people, operations and the visual aesthetic of the store. Communicates a clear vision of business expectations by motivating and driving culture through Store Leaders.
- Ensure a consistently positive customer experience by creating and leading an outstanding customer experience within the store environment.
- Drive KPIs and maximize district sales to achieve goals.
- Strategically plans growth as it pertains to people development and staffing needs; recruit, develop, and retain qualified associates to ensure staffing needs are consistently met.
- Ensure the district is maintaining brand standards of merchandise placement, store signage, inventory, and proper display techniques to create an inviting place to shop.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve performance through regular business analysis, and feedback from store team members and customers.
- You bring our company values and culture to life every day for our team members and our customers embodying our company culture in demeanor, values and ethics.
- Properly manage time to ensure all deadlines are achieved.
- Lead Store Managers through planning, assigning and directing their overall functions.
- Maintain a weekly store schedule, approve time off, take daily calls and find coverage.
- Foster a positive work environment that encourages feedback and innovation.
- Conduct store visits to ensure compliance, train, and provide feedback on store operations.
- Review results of each type of visit with store management to ensure compliance and development.
- Communicate in a clear, positive and professional manner designed to educate, inspire, motivate and direct behavior of all store level personnel.
- Utilize company training tools to fully develop associate potential.
- Coach associates to improve performance including the issuance of written coachings up to and including separation following approval from Human Resources.
- Train store associates on standard operating procedures as well as applicable laws and regulations.
- Assess team on performance and assist with formal performance evaluations.
- Interact regularly with all levels of store staff to gain insight on store morale and to gain suggestions from the store level on operational efficiencies and customer experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including written communication skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong aptitude for applying solutions as problems arise.
- Ability to adapt to change and assume added responsibilities.
- Foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to anticipate problems and provide solutions.
- Excellent time management skills.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of retail experience managing 2 or more stores with proven results.
- 3+ years of experience in a customer service-oriented role.
- Ability to work full time (40 hr/week) including variable hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and/ or holidays.
- Strong networking, recruiting, training, visual merchandising and operational skills
- Minimum High School or GED.
- A college degree in business or a closely related field may substitute for a portion of the required experience.
- Responsible for the leading, hiring and training, development, and performance management of Store Leaders and Doyens (Sales Associates) and their respective store assignments
- Responsible for the team and operations of multiple stores across a geographic area
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Ability to drive a vehicle.
- Stand up for 4 hours.
- Bonus Eligible
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & ADD Policies
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401 (k) with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Up to 50% team member discounts
CBD Kratom does not discriminate based on age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin and actively welcomes all candidates from any culture or background.
Key Words: Area Manager; District Manager; Multi-Store Manager; Store Manager; Cannabis; Retail; Operations
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Gender Neutral Facilities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability