SummaryCuraleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 130 dispensaries, 25 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
In this role with Curaleaf, the Research Scientist will assist multiple departments with a variety of functions. The role may incur travel at a rate as high as 50-75% at times, but will be based out of our Newton, MA R&D Center.
Some high-level functions include synthetic processes including semi-synthetic conversions; purification techniques such as filtration, flocculation, and centrifugation; various organic and acid/base chemistry procedures and techniques; analytical work such as HPLC, GCFID, and/or GCMS for starting, intermediates, and final materials; wet chemistry techniques and procedures; SOP generation; and routine troubleshooting.
You will work in our R&D lab helping to expand Curaleaf's cannabinoid portfolio and explore their incorporation into novel product candidates. Job Responsibilities include:
- Contribute to technical advancement in cannabis processing
- Adhere to project timelines
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment including, but not limited to: distillation equipment (short path and wiped film), extractors (CO2, ethanol, other), freeze dryers, pumps, filters, regulators, detectors, chillers
- Preparation and procurement of reagents
- Use of analytical instrumentation for compound characterization (especially TLC, 1 H and 13 C NMR, LCMS, GC-FID and GCMS data interpretation)
- Contribution to the preparation of standard operating procedures for use in manufacturing facilities
- Ability to follow standard procedures, record experimental details and communicate data in a complete, concise, and accurate manner is highly desired. Must communicate clearly with other chemists, with other types of scientists, and with nonscientists
- Initiate research into established literature and peer-reviewed journals for new techniques, chemistry, and technical advancements that would be applicable to cannabis processing
- Maintain rigorous laboratory notes to ensure appropriate discoveries and experiments are being tracked and recorded accordingly
- Assist in building experimental designs for new project initiatives
- Assist other engineers within Process Development to ensure goals are being met accordingly
- Travel to off-site R&D facilities to assist in projects as requested
- Ability to successfully manage a high-volume workload with deadlines
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Work with a high level of independence
- Work with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Job Qualification Requirements:
- S. or M.S. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or other Chemistry related field required
- 4-10 years' experience in cannabis processing cannabis chemistry, or similar field
- Must be 21 years of age
- Mathematics-The ability to calculate figures such as proportions and work with mathematical concepts such as probability. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Productivity-The ability to work in a team environment with manufacturing equipment and product deadlines.
- Reading Comprehension-Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking-Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening-Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate.
- Equipment Maintenance-Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Problem Solving-Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Repairing-Ability to do general maintenance.
- Judgment and Decision Making-Work with a team to identify cost saving measures and productivity developments.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, along with frequent bending.
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with fingers.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and push up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Subject to background check per state cannabis requirements.
Job Type: Full time
Shift: Daytime/1 st Shift
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.