Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Jushi is a vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis company that develops and operates high-end retail locations, premium brands, state-of-the-art cultivation, processing, manufacturing facilities, along with a cutting-edge online platform that is setting a new standard for a sophisticated, data-driven, modern cannabis experience.
Since its founding in 2018, Jushi has grown from just a handful of people with an idea to more than 900 employees strong. The Company has scaled its operations in seven states, including Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, Illinois, California, Nevada, and Ohio, and has been named one of the top five cannabis companies to work for by Cannabis Business Times .
The Company operates more than two dozen retail locations across the country under the retail brand, BEYOND / HELLO™ as well as under the recently acquired brand, Nature's Remedy. The Company provides an unparalleled in-store experience, coupled with online reservations and in-store express pickup.
Each day, Jushi team members continue to grow, cultivate, process and manufacture a comprehensive suite of cannabis brands under the names: The Bank , The Lab , Tasteology , Nira + Medicinals and Seche , which are addressing a wide variety of consumer and patient needs across multiple states.
Want to make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives while earning a competitive salary? At Jushi, we are shaping the future of the cannabis industry, the fastest growing jobs sector in the U.S. The Vegetative Cultivation Technician position provides manual labor to support the activities and operations of the Cultivation Department while abiding by all applicable policies, procedures and operational guidelines. This position is generally responsible to assist with Vegetative Cultivation operations.
- Responsible to complete any work assigned during scheduled shifts.
- Provide any necessary support to the management team to ensure cultivation duties are efficiently and timely completed in a manner consistent with the company's Standard Operation Procedure for each duty.
- Initial Cultivation Associate duties will involve essential Cultivation operations and may be expanded over time.
- Daily responsibilities include plant work, and specifically (but not exclusively) topping, seed-to-sale tracking data input, sweeping and disinfecting flower/vegetative rooms, disposing of used growing media, preparing rooms for a new transplant, preparing nutrient solutions, and all general cleaning.
- Weekly responsibilities include spot cleaning, cloning, topping, scouting pests, maintaining plant inventory, consolidating vegetative trays, planting coco cubes, watering, and light maintenance.
- Monthly responsibilities include harvesting, applying predatory insects, hanging sticky cards for IPM monitoring, helping with monthly on-hand inventory counts, assisting with safety meetings, taking clones, and rotating mother plants.
- Responsible to follow all applicable operational guidelines, comply with verbal directives, and practice and/or implement all safety, security, sanitation, policies, procedures, rules, skills, and the like presented during training, by management, in Standard Operating Procedures, or otherwise when performing job duties.
- Responsible to understand and follow all GACP/GMP guidelines throughout the facility.
- Perform such other duties as employee is qualified to perform and may be assigned.
- Knowledge of large-scale commercial plant cultivation, including but not limited to, nutrient requirements, growing media, light requirements, temperature control, and airflow.
- Experience with compliance systems.
- Advanced cannabis plant and genetics knowledge.
- Must accept accountability, have a proactive attitude, and demonstrate consistent attention to detail.
- Active listening and effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences, are critical.
- Basic math skills are necessary.
- Basic understanding of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and particularly those governing cannabis, and organizational rules, directives, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to work independently throughout the day in accordance with instructions.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, and particularly computer equipment and software such as word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications, and electronic mail.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees, management, customers, government representatives such as facility inspectors.
- Preferred: degree in Horticulture, Plant Science, Agronomy, Plant Biology, or related field or a minimum of 2 years of experience cultivating plants.
- Must pass background and drug screening
- While performing duties associated with the Cultivation Associate position, the employee will be required to perform regular grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- The Cultivation Technician will be required to stand for long periods of time on a regular basis and to use their hands to perform detailed work.
- Comfortable working at heights ranging from 10 - 30 feet.
- Lift up to 50lbs., stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 10 hours, frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability