SummaryNATIONAL DIRECTOR OF PROCESSING:
Want to make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives while earning a competitive salary? At Jushi Holdings Inc. ") ( CSE: JUSH ) ( OTCQX: JUSHF ), we are shaping the future of the cannabis industry, the fastest growing jobs sector in the U.S. The National Director of Processing will be responsible for assisting the VP of Processing & Automation in leading national Process Development at all Jushi operated facilities and will closely collaborate with the Cultivation, Manufacturing, Packaging, Quality, Compliance, Supply Chain, Facilities & Business Operations, functions to ensure the success of Jushi Operations. The role will be responsible for developing, recommending, and implementing continuous improvement initiatives to reduce cost, eliminate waste, improve process efficiencies, and reduce operational risks. The National Director of Processing will help lead and develop high performing teams that are responsible for the post-harvest processing of cannabis for all Jushi operated facilities. (Must reside in PA, VA, or MA)
Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Jushi is a vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis company that develops and operates high-end retail locations, premium brands, state-of-the-art cultivation, processing, manufacturing facilities, along with a cutting-edge online platform that is setting a new standard for a sophisticated, data-driven, modern cannabis experience.
Since its founding in 2018, Jushi has grown from just a handful of people with an idea to more than 900 employees strong. The Company has scaled its operations in seven states, including Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, Illinois, California, Nevada, and Ohio, and has been named one of the top five cannabis companies to work for by Cannabis Business Times .
The Company operates more than two dozen retail locations across the country under the retail brand, BEYOND / HELLO™ as well as under the recently acquired brand, Nature's Remedy. The Company provides an unparalleled in-store experience, coupled with online reservations and in-store express pickup.
Each day, Jushi team members continue to grow, cultivate, process and manufacture a comprehensive suite of cannabis brands under the names: The Bank , The Lab , Tasteology , Nira + Medicinals and Seche , which are addressing a wide variety of consumer and patient needs across multiple states.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Support all post-harvest processes (including drying, trimming, and curing) across all cultivation facilities owned and operated by Jushi. Includes 85% travel.
- Create, improve, implement, and ensure quality standards and procedures for all processing operations
- Analyze existing workflows and assist in the design to transform effectively meeting or exceeding operational expectations
- Develop & update process documentation, work instructions and other tools to support execution
- Develop innovative, timely, and cost-effective production line concepts that align with timelines, company goals, and improve upon existing operations.
- Continually research and engage manufacturers in order to provide processing operations with cutting-edge automated technology and innovative processes
- Implement automation in all processing operations in order to increase efficiency, decrease costs, and effectively meet production goals and quality standards
- Provide coaching and direction concerning operational and personnel issues in the processing department
- Ensure product quality from each specific facility; making sure it is maintained while processed, cured, and packaged
- Support local operations in monitoring employee progress; coaching, training, and developing employees in the accomplishment of their duties and goals through personal and professional growth
- Create, implement, and continually review systems for operational efficiency, noting problems and/or redundancies and recommending solutions to better streamline operational efficiency and quality
- Create and manage approved budgets in relation to processing and automation across all facilities
- Assist with data analysis, conclusions and presentations related to current and future operations
- Support regulatory compliance activities including authoring and review of study reports, and SOPs
- Support National Team as necessary in relation to all merger and acquisitions from assessment to implementation
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Engineering or any related field required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of management experience in field-based project management for a company with multi-site presence
- Willingness to travel up to 85%.
- Strong knowledge and experience of post-harvest processing of agricultural/plant material on a commercial scale
- Business acumen withbroad understanding of the business model, science, facilities, engineering, process development, supply chain, quality, compliance, regulatory, and information technology expectations for cell therapy.
- Background in manufacturing strongly preferred
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management, and change management
- Strong problem solving, synthesizing, and analytical skills
- Ability to create detailed project plans and high-level milestones across cross functional teams to ensure projects are on track
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, both large and small, with competing due dates and present status to management
- Quick learner - grasps essence quickly and uses information learned to apply elsewhere
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, knows how to work well with diverse and dynamic teams across multiple functions, e.g., operations, sales, legal, marketing, HR, technology
- Strong negotiation skills, striking a balance between being flexible and driving for results with aggressive timelines
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; can handle multiple high priority projects simultaneously
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES AT JUSHI:
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
BONUS DUTIES YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability