SummaryEveryone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that's what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person's individuality, because there's power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That's why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL...
The Quality Assurance Specialist supports the implementation and execution of the market's Quality Assurance and Compliance (QA&C) programs. This includes the assessment, identification, and control of all elements of risk within the Cultivation and Production facility.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision ... pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com .
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Assists with risk evaluation of various market processes, the implementation of risk-mitigating controls, change-management, and periodic testing of controls (including but not limited to Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, Quality Control Inspections, Key Performance Indicators, and Training Programs).
- Supports the mitigation of risk and remediation of issues by working alongside the QA manager to initiate Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and execute Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) for their market.
- Provides consultation and support regarding matters QA and Compliance for their Market.
- Supports the implementation and execution of operational Quality Assurance (QA) and internal controls programs
- Conducts Quality Control (QC) Inspections to ensure effective execution and design of QC audits
- Monitors site-wide processes for lifecycle changes and work with inter-departmental business partners to initiate and execute change management.
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for applicable regulatory, policy, and standard operating procedure requirements to the market.
- Supports workplace risk assessment and risk management initiatives.
- Partners with cross-functional stakeholders to initiate root cause analysis (RCA) and corrective and preventative action plans (CAPA).
- Leads special projects and assignments at the direction of the QA Manager or Director, Operational QA & Compliance.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years Manufacturing Quality Assurance or Quality Control experience, preferably in a highly regulated market.
- Strong understanding of quality management principles.
- Previous experience developing, implementing, and managing QA/QC programs including risk assessments, documentation and evaluation of controls, and issue management (including executions of Corrective Action Plans)
- Previous experience with third-party certifications (ISO, GMP, SQF, NSF, etc.) - preferred.
- Must understand discretion and be able to handle confidential and proprietary information appropriately.
- Strong communication, research, analysis, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and challenging environment.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously; focusing on both short- and long-term goals; ability to identify problems quickly.
- Ability to pass a background check, including drug testing, to be registered as an employee of a licensed organization in the assigned market.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU...
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn't fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the "traditional" solution isn't the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The ability to lift 20-50 pounds as needed.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- The ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
- The ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision - why we exist - is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission - how we will do this - is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values - Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Charitable Gift Matching
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote