The District Manager at Green Thumb plays a critical role in leading multiple retail stores within a district, as a part of a dynamic and expanding national cannabis retail footprint.
The District Manager will be responsible for overseeing and elevating multiple retail stores within the state with the ultimate focus on the professional development of General Managers, operational alignment and excellence within the store, meeting budgetary and sales goals, and ensuring consistency and the execution on alignment the overall vision for each store in their district. Establish benchmarks for store management teams and implementing policies and programs that will help those teams achieve their goals to ultimately drive sales and customer/patient engagement within the district.
Our ideal candidate is confident in day-to-day store operations but can elevate to effectively lead from a distance. Ultimately, they are passionate about leading, building and motivating a strong performing and highly engaged team and can connect the pieces to understand the importance of this compliance, store revenue performance, and the customer and patient connection in the cannabis space.
Leadership and Talent Management
- Prioritize talent development and talent pipeline to build, train and develop strong retail store leadership team within the district within an evolving retail environment.
- Continuous talent planning to ensure that the staffing plan of the region reflects the mission and standards of Green Thumb's values.
- Hold General Managers accountable for assessment of their team's talent to help build a strong pipeline of internal talent ready to rise and ensuring a thoughtful succession strategy and plan.
- Inspire teams through shared goals and dedication to creating a culture of positive recognition and business accountability.
- Models strong interpersonal and communication skills to coach and hold others within their respective markets to the same.
Store Performance and Customer Engagement
- Partner with the Regional Director in Retail leadership to develop, implement, execute and maintain the retail strategy and growth objectives partnering with FP&A on the sales trends and make recommendations to define that strategy to maximize profitability.
- Partner with other District Managers within Region and outside to create synergies and to develop each other.
- Set sales targets and implement action plans for achieving set goals in each market and overall.
- Monitor the P&L reports for each store and collaborate with General Managers on effective ways to fill in any gaps between actual performance and company projections.
- Forecast sales figures and inventory requirements for each location within district.
- Prioritize store performance issues to make certain that the issues most directly affecting profitability are addressed first.
- Collaborate with Compliance and Operations to ensure quality and compliance to policies, procedures, and regulations; immediately address any lapses in compliance with company policies or local, state and federal laws.
- Act as a coach to the store managers and as a resource to each store employee to help inspire the success of each store.
- Set high expectations for exceptional guest experiences that are engaging, educational and consistent.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred
- Five years of single-store management experience
- Two years of multi-unit management experience
- Proficient in maintaining P&L responsibility for significant retail operations with strong analytical skills, financial aptitude, and attention to details.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to make data-based decisions in a timely manner
- Exceptional time management and planning capabilities and effective delegation
- Proven record of hiring and developing great talent & conflict resolution
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Can-do attitude and ability to adapt quickly; business is experiencing tremendous growth so previous operational experience in growth environment is substantially preferred
- Resiliency is a must, ability to adapt and thrive in a demanding, start-up, evolutionary, fast-paced environment
- Able to work a flexible schedule depending on the needs of the business; will require work on weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Must have a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws
- Travel up to 50% within the state to maintain a regular presence within each dispensary
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver's license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation
Free Snacks / Drinks
Lunch & Learns
Paid Parental Leave
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote