The TerrAscend Organization (OTCM: TRSSF) is permitted to cultivate, process, and dispense premium medical marijuana products to the medical marijuana patients in US States that have legalized medical marijuana products in a compassionate and safe manner. We are also committed to serving those states that have legalized recreational use by providing premium products. TerrAscend is creating an enduring, world-class company capable of operating under the standards of a highly regulated business looking to shape the future of marijuana-based therapies in the markets we serve. In Maryland, our grow and process facility produces Kind Tree medical marijuana products.
This position will work under the Lab Manager to oversee Laboratory production, quality, and employees.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage extraction and processing team and all associated production tasks.
- Plan for and adhere to the daily production schedule to ensure attainment of goals.
- Verify work areas, tools, equipment, and packaging components are maintained and in good working order
- Ensure extraction and processing activities are performed with attention to strict quality and safety standards.
- Maintain regulatory compliance and all applicable legal and food safety requirements.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of SOPs, work instructions, batch records, and document revisions.
- Report and actively support, on a daily basis, the State Director to insure attainment of goals and deadlines.
- Drive productivity, cost-effective production processes, and innovate plans to achieve optimization.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed to complete critical tasks.
- Perform oversite for packaging, labeling, and R&D as required.
- Ensure proper communication of tasks through shift changes.
- Maintain accurate records for inventory management of packaging, finished goods, and processing products.
- Adhere to safe chemical handling and disposal procedures as defined by SOPs and safety data sheets (SDS).
- Schedule personnel needs to meet extraction, processing and manufacturing requirements.
- Uphold TerrAscend quality and teamwork objectives in all job aspects.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Management experience required.
- Self-motivated to learn and improve.
- Strong mathematical skills with ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide various units of measure.
- Computer Proficieny: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), database management, and e-mail.
- Manufacturing/processing Management experience in Post harvest processing and plant extraction.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, constantly changing, team environment.
- Effectively communicate in English, both written and verbal.
- Capable of sitting, standing, kneeling, bending, squatting and/or walking for extended periods.
- Ability to push, pull, or lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply information obtained from manuals, data sheets, or other documents.
- Scientific / Chemistry degree and experience, strongly preferred.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Education in organic and pharmaceutical chemistry; analytical chemistry, including analysis of medicinal products; pharmacology; pharmaceutical technology; or pharmacognosy is preferred.
- Experience in pharmaceutical formulation development.
- Experience working in a GMP manufacturing or laboratory environment is preferred.
- Experience in the medical marijuana/cannabis industry is preferred but not required.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all company regulations.
*** Background Check Requirement ***
As a condition of employment, a complete background investigation will be conducted based on the rules of the specific State in which the employee is hired. Typically, the state investigative process includes a state and federal background check.
At TerrAscend, employees and applicants are evaluated based on their qualifications, skills, and ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. TerrAscend is committed to assuring equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
TerrAscend is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, to include gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and gender identity, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and the like is not exhaustive, rather it is illustrative of the current essential functions required for the position.
This organization participates in E-Verify.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.. Si E-Verify no puede confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar, este empleador está requerido a darle instrucciones por escrito y una oportunidad de contactar al Departamento de Seguridad Nacional (DHS) o a la Administración del Seguro Social (SSA) para que pueda empezar a resolver el problema antes de que el empleador pueda tomar cualquier acción en su contra, incluyendo la terminación de su empleo. Los empleadores sólo pueden utilizar E-Verify una vez que usted haya aceptado una oferta de trabajo y completado el Formulario I-9. Para más información sobre E-Verify, o si usted cree que su empleador ha violado sus responsabilidades de E-Verify, por favor contacte a DHS.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.