The R&D Laboratory Technician performs many of the day to day tasks and demands of the Research & Development Lab. This position is responsible for assisting with the research and development lab, which tackles a wide variety of tasks including (but not limited to) extraction, winterization, distillation, analytical equipment, and production of cannabis infused products. They also keep a sharp eye on compliance, documentation, and workplace safety. The ideal candidate is naturally curious, and excited about creation & innovation within the cannabis space. The ideal candidate will have experience in a cannabis extraction lab.
- Execute lab scale and small batch experimentation to support all levels of formulation, analytics, and processing for multiple cannabis-based research projects.
- Aid in the maintenance of inventories for research and developments raw materials, chemicals, and equipment, as well as formulation spreadsheets, inventories, traceability logs, tracking logs, etc.
- Follow complex instructions and formulations in the preparation of cannabis extract, concentrates, and infused products.
- Evaluate and updates technologies and operating procedures associated with research and development.
- Aid compliance and accuracy involving all product tracking, product security, and product creation.
- Operate laboratory instruments, makes observations, calculates and records results.
- Assist in monitoring of production line and collecting samples for various testing and stability programs.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure compliance and meet Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices compliance.
- Practice highly sterile laboratory cleaning procedures throughout the facility with focus and personal contributions towards a clean and organized assigned work area at the end of the assigned shift.
- Capable of troubleshooting, fixing, and services a wide range of equipment and software with little to no assistance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree preferred in biology, chemistry, or physics.
- Prior Laboratory experience.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered, including internal experience.
- Prior experience in research.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with coworkers and management.
- Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals.
- Flexibility and the ability to shift work schedule according to research and development needs.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and email.
- Enthusiasm for research and formulating/improving product formulations.
- Must be able to carry out repetitive tasks at a continuously high level of quality.
- Capable of working with hazardous chemicals and able to identify and report unsafe equipment, conditions and practices so that they may be corrected prior to an incident.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must pass all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal & company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must be approved by the State of Maryland to receive a badging in order to handle cannabis
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
- Physical demands - May be required to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (200 pounds with assistance).
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation
Free Snacks / Drinks
Lunch & Learns
Paid Parental Leave
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote