Skymint Brands is the largest vertically integrated cannabis company in the state of Michigan. Skymint distributes both their own products and popular outside 3rd Party brands to their 11 dispensaries (8 Rec. and 3 Medical), as well as a thriving wholesale business. Our internal brands include Skymint, Jolly Edibles and North.
Skymint Brands is looking for a seasoned marketing and merchandising professional for a key buying role in the exciting new Cannabis industry. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Product, this individual will be tasked with developing assortment plans that combine the best 3rd party products and merchandise that will compliment and be incremental to our in-house brands. This individual will also work with operations to make sure our dispensaries are getting the proper breadth and depth of our proprietary brands to maximize sales and profit.
- Responsible for the planning, selecting and buying of 3rd Party products and merchandise for each of our 11 Skymint Dispensaries in the state of Michigan.
- Create and maintain effective partnerships with key vendors, effectively negotiating terms, pricing, steady supply, marketing support, credit applications, vendor agreements, NDA’s; partner with Legal on contract agreements.
- Work with supervisor to help create an overall assortment architecture for the dispensaries, that includes the right mix of proprietary products and 3rd Party products that balance customer desired breadth with overall store margin.
- Maintain an obsessive pulse on the trends to infuse and help drive feasible product innovation.
- Create a pricing strategy that is competitive with the competition yet provides an overall acceptable margin.
- Manage monthly OTB for all 3rd Party assortments.
- Work closely with in-house design and Production team on creating seasonally appropriate lifestyle accessories and apparel.
- Consistently pattern key competitors (both locally and nationally) and keep Marketing and Retail aware of any new brands or product offerings.
- Work with Operations and Finance on weekly sales and inventory reporting, ensuring that we have adequate weeks of supply on hand for all key categories and products.
- Work closely with Finance and Planning to create more robust and efficient sales reporting that takes it down to the SKU level.
- Create and maintain an effective purchase order tracking system ensuring that orders have been received in full at the dispensary and that Accounts Payable is up to date on all vendor payments.
- Keep both marketing and retail informed of all new product introductions and pricing.
No description provided.
No description provided.
- 5+ years of buying or brand management experience, preferably with some CPG or Retail background
- Strong negotiating skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Great taste level
- Strong team player and collaborator
- Strong presentation skills – written and oral
- Strong at process development and management
- Motivated by the fast pace and ambiguity that comes with a start up business in a startup industry
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree (or applicable experience) in Marketing or Merchandising.
About SKYMINT Brands
Our Live Chat Hours are: 12:00pm EST to 6:00pm EST As purveyors of premium-crafted cannabis, we’ve developed a portfolio of the finest cannabis brands available for health, healing or just getting high on life. Whether you want to get off pain meds, restore your appetite, relax into more restful sleep, or unlock your higher self, SkyMint has the products you want and need to enjoy the absolute best cannabis experience.
Let’s get you hired! To apply to this job, create a free Vangst account below. Once you’re in, you can complete and submit your application right from this page.