SummaryDIRECTOR OF INTERNAL CONTROLS, MERGER & ACQUISITIONS:
Want to make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives while earning a competitive salary? At Jushi Holdings Inc. ") ( CSE: JUSH ) ( OTCQX: JUSHF ), we are shaping the future of the cannabis industry, the fastest growing jobs sector in the U.S. The Director of Internal Controls and M&A Accounting should be a self-starter, collaborative and have the proven ability to influence and effect meaningful change, thrive in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment. The successful candidate will be hands-on, focused, and communicates with impact. This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Finance and is expected to develop relationships with all levels of executives, staff and targets and will be able to drive and influence change throughout the organization.
Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Jushi is a vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis company that develops and operates high-end retail locations, premium brands, state-of-the-art cultivation, processing, manufacturing facilities, along with a cutting-edge online platform that is setting a new standard for a sophisticated, data-driven, modern cannabis experience.
Since its founding in 2018, Jushi has grown from just a handful of people with an idea to more than 1500 employees strong. The Company has scaled its operations in seven states, including Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, Illinois, California, Nevada, and Ohio, and has been named one of the top five cannabis companies to work for by Cannabis Business Times .
The Company operates more than two dozen retail locations across the country under the retail brand, BEYOND / HELLO™ as well as under the recently acquired brand, Nature's Remedy. The Company provides an unparalleled in-store experience, coupled with online reservations and in-store express pickup.
Each day, Jushi team members continue to grow, cultivate, process and manufacture a comprehensive suite of cannabis brands under the names: The Bank , The Lab , Tasteology , Nira + Medicinals and Seche , which are addressing a wide variety of consumer and patient needs across multiple states.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead the Company's implementation of SOX
- Work with Internal Audit and the various business owners in developing, documenting and operationalizing company-wide and business process-specific processes and controls, including evaluating and addressing any impacts changes may have on the business and overall control environment.
Partner with business leaders to drive the design and implementation of efficient and effective processes and controls across the organization
- Develop fit for purpose business process and controls policies
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly analyze areas where process and control deficiencies exist, evaluate risk, develop remediation plans and help the business execute remediation plans
- Identify areas for process improvements and efficiencies
- Interact with the external auditors, ensure requested items are completed timely and findings are addressed
- Support Business Development team by leading risk-focused financial due diligence efforts
- Prepare financial due diligence memo and supporting workpapers
- Manage pre- and post-merger integration finance/accounting activities which will require partnering with various departments in the organization
- Own relationship and manage 3rd party valuation consultants who will be tasked to complete purchase price allocation under ASC 805
- Partner with Support Legal and Business Development teams by reviewing flow of funds statements, exhibits in purchase agreement, operational covenants, and transition services agreements
- Review working capital and earn out calculations
- Review audit level support for opening balance sheets
- Collaborate with technical accounting and financial reporting to ensure all significant aspects of the acquisition are documented in the purchase accounting memo and disclosed in the financial statements
- Oversee Manager of M&A
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's degree (in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting Information Systems, or related field preferred) and an appropriate certification in accounting and/or auditing is required, including a CPA, CIA, CISA and/or PMP
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Mix of public/private accounting, Big 4 audit experience highly preferred
- Strong and proven project management skills
- Strong understanding/experience with various accounting processes, e.g., procure to pay, order to cash, record to report, etc.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Advance MS Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.)
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, willingness to roll up sleeves
- Works effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing deadlines
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of integrity including ability to handle sensitive or confidential information with professionalism
- Subject matter expert on COSO, PCAOB Auditing Standards and Sarbanes-Oxley
- An understanding of ASC 805 provisions
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES AT JUSHI:
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
BONUS DUTIES YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability