LeafLink is the largest unified B2B cannabis platform, providing licensed cannabis businesses a suite of tools to manage their business more effectively, sell or order from their favorite brands and accelerate growth. We are one platform, one solution and we're defining the way thousands of cannabis brands, distributors and retailers streamline their operations. With thousands of brands and retailers across 30+ markets in North America, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink processes more than $4.4 billion in wholesale cannabis orders annually.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Founders Fund, Thrive Capital, Nosara Capital, and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Inc. 5000's 'Top 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies', one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
LeafLink is seeking a Senior BI Developer to join our New York team. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of a sharp analytical mindset and ability to represent data in intuitive and insightful ways through BI products. You enjoy working across the data stack but especially love creating reporting products by translating metrics and KPIs into simple and powerful dashboards and data visualization. You are experienced in the process of defining data sources and schemas which connect with data products for end users and writing storyboards for reporting products that lead to discovery of insights. You are comfortable working in iterative cycles with business stakeholders and product owners to prototype and develop reporting products while being equally comfortable scripting data models and building dedicated data sets to power the reporting products. The ideal candidate should be personable, efficient, rooted in an experimentative and creative mindset. Communicating and gathering feedback on plans with internal and external stakeholders and collaborating cross-functionally should come easily to the candidate. You're excited to learn and expand your tool kit in line with data technology choices at LeafLink.
- Maintaining, building and enhancing BI products and dashboards across the LeafLink business
- Scripting queries and building dedicated schemas to capture computation logic for metrics displayed on BI products for internal and external consumption
- Creating storyboards and mockups for Tableau based dashboards capturing key functionalities from a user experience lens
- Conducting requirements gathering sessions with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Collaborating with other data team members and cross-functionally to identify opportunities for reporting automation
- Creating and migrating ad-hoc reporting and analysis to automated always-on reporting
- Develop a strong understanding of operational and strategic decisions that are supported by reports across the company
- Introduce new data visualization techniques to bring out insights and drive actionability from BI products
- Writing user documentation like how-to guides and catalogs allowing users to self-serve using BI tools
- Expert level skills in writing optimized SQL for creating, updating and querying tables
- Experience leveraging dbt to build analytical pipelines.
- Expert level skills in building reporting products using Tableau and other BI tools
- Experience designing data products with appealing visual design, intuitive layout and functionalities are a must-have
- Expert level skill in choosing and building the right data visualization
- Intermediate skills performing EDA and business analysis
- Intermediate skills in using Python for data manipulation
- Comfortable using Git to share and manage code
- Exposure to Airflow is a significant plus
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced growth business with many collaborators
- Comfortable working across the stack when need arises
- Comfortable learning new technologies and tools
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Company sponsored Annual Citibike Membership for NYC employees
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink's success
LeafLink's employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC's Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink's history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here .
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation
Free Snacks / Drinks
Lunch & Learns
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off to Volunteer
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote