Harvest Manager is accountable for all aspects of the tracking and quality production associated with post-harvest activities in the facility. The Harvest Manager leads a team or Trimmers and Packagers. This role works closely with the Director of Cultivation Operation, Compliance Manager, and Facilities Manager to maintain harvest schedules and necessary inventory levels. This role completes tasks themselves as needed to ensure the safe, accurate and timely production of products. Often coordinates with other site leadership regarding inventory and production rates.
· Oversee the drying room which includes implementing and overseeing specific operating procedures for environmental controls, monitoring of harvest batches, moisture analysis, quality assessment and quality controls.
· Tracking and rating batches of flower for bud quality, size, density, machine trim results and other relevant data points.
· Ensure accurate inventory hand off from cultivation and maintain open communication with Director of Cultivation Operations and Flower Manager on any inventory challenges, issues or feedback.
· Manage the flower manicuring department which includes implementing and overseeing standard operating procedures including accurate inventory transfer from the drying room, ensuring appropriate moisture content for proper flower storage, quality assessment of flower, hand trim vs machine trim assessment research and development.
· Use of our Inventory Tracking System (Metrc) to enter harvest data and cross reference data for audits.
· Work with Compliance Manager for test sampling and getting designated product out the door based on sales and current inventory.
· Oversee and manage the packaging department inclusive of all aspects relating to compliance, quality assurance and ensuring there is sufficient packaging materials onsite.
· Follow and help create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Corrective and Preventative Actions(CAPA), and all Medical Enforcement Division(MED) rules and regulations.
· Reporting daily to Cultivation Manager and Compliance Manager
· Responsible for communicating with proper channels to reorder packaging supplies and communicate with Compliance Manager if regulatory changes regarding packaging are made at the state level.
· Ensure proper training and development of employees under direct supervision.
· Track and record information about plant health and growth at each harvest.
· Maintain a high standard of quality during all harvest processes.
· Manage adequate staffing numbers for departments to operate 5 days a week ( weekends if necessary)
· Encourage and inspire the trimmers and packagers with constructive criticism and positive reviews
· Perform inventory Audits weekly, monthly, and quarterly.
· Maintain clean work areas and tools in accordance with sanitation standards.
· This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Lift up to 50lbs. Working on your feet for 8 plus hours a day. Working on a ladder for extended periods. Required to consistently speak and listen throughout each day.
The working environment at Hava Gardens is friendly and fast paced, while prioritizing teamwork and adaptability.
Two years of cultivation industry experience.
Preferred experience in management of post-harvest production, or long term trimming and packaging experience, and experience with Metrc
Production Horticulture degree or a degree in Biology, Agriculture, Horticulture, or equivalent commercial growing experience would be a plus.
Minimum: High School Diploma or GED
About Hava Gardens
Cultivating cannabis nature's way! We are a start up greenhouse cultivation facility with focus on living soil, organic methods, and high quality flower.
Let’s get you hired! To apply to this job, create a free Vangst account below. Once you’re in, you can complete and submit your application right from this page.