The Position of the Quality & Compliance Specialist for the Toledo, OH CPG site is designed to improve and maintain the current Quality and Compliance Management System in place. This position will play a key role in overseeing, developing, implementing, and upgrading the quality system while learning how to oversee local, state, and federal regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the Quality Department and ensure all employees understand and follow all standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Define, implement, and improve the Quality Management System including development of process and product testing to ensure quality standards are met and oversee determination of finished product disposition.
- Partner with management to lead quality initiatives that develop and maintain a high performing, scalable, and compliant quality system.
- Implement, maintain, and audit quality control practices and operations to ensure the safety, quality, and compliance of cannabis.
- Assist in site HACCP Plan and quality system reviews and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Implement HACCP, allergen, sanitization, and other programs of the Quality Management System.
- Review and approve decisions about whether to investigate a cannabis product complaint and review and approve the findings and follow-up action of any investigation performed.
- Perform or oversee routine internal audits to monitor site compliance to GTI Quality Systems, GMP(c), and Ohio State Regulations.
- Participate in all third-party compliance inspections, investigate and resolve compliance concerns, issues, or violations.
- Analyze facility trends to assess potential areas of continued non-compliance.
- Publish monthly metrics focused on facility current QA/QC progress.
- Routinely reviews monthly corporate QA/QC documentation and assures that all areas of concern are addressed appropriately according to corporate policy and regulatory standards.
- Write Quality SOPs or other standards as necessary.
- Manage and perform document controller responsibilities through the Electronic Quality Management System
- Oversee completeness and good documentation practices of in-process batch records
- Manage, train, and develop QA/QC employees to perform in a proficient manner, providing motivation through personal example and interpersonal skills to create a cohesive unit.
- Perform assigned Quality Inspections.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and HACCP guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect product safety, product quality or personnel safety.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- May make decisions and perform the job responsibilities of the Quality & Compliance Manager in their absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, or a related field required
- 1-3+ years' work experience with a proven track record of building and developing QA/QC processes and systems
- Must have the knowledge and skills required to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Must be able to work variable day shifts dependent on business need
- Knowledge of the GMP, HACCP and Quality Programs
- Possess a strong knowledge of sanitary design, specification, and implementation of food or pharmaceutical processing systems
- Ability to deliver specific organizational goals and effectively develop, grow, and manage a diverse team to achieve objectives
- Track record of engaging teams and creating a collaborative culture
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Exceptional computer skills in Microsoft® Office Suite (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word)
- Strong detail-oriented, resourceful, and self-starter mindset
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, or a related field preferred
- Prior experience in regulatory compliance management including interfacing with regulators and inspectors
- Prior experience with SQF, ISO, GMP, ASQ, HACCP, PCQI or similar certification experience preferred
- QMS auditor or similar certification preferred
- Prior experience with Ohio cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws
- Must pass all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Must possess valid driver's license.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation
Free Snacks / Drinks
Lunch & Learns
Paid Parental Leave
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote