At Holistic Industries we are building a great place to work, shop and invest in cannabis. Our mission is to provide patients with the highest quality, safest cannabis medicine possible. As our name suggests, we care for the whole person. Scaling from a seed of inspiration in 2011, Holistic Industries is now one of the largest and fastest growing private MSOs (Multi-State Operators) in the country. We're able to deliver consistent value to employees, patients, and investors because of the values that drive our work - how we do business and why. We have one of the most seasoned teams in the industry, a budding "Greenhouse of Brands" and a meaningful model of doing well by doing good. Our company develops and offers a wide range of proprietary strains that increase desired cannabinoids such as CBD. These high CBD strains have become our foundation for growing, packaging, and selling the best cannabis in our markets. We are committed to harvesting and crafting industry-leading strains, consumer brands, and medical-grade products based on the most progressive science in the space. Holistic Industries has a unique model and approach that enables it to win licenses, scale operations and introduce national brands successfully in highly regulated markets. The company has proven to be responsible stewards of capital since its inception by sourcing licenses on merit rather than simply acquiring them on the open market. A "GREENHOUSE OF BRANDS" beginning with our flagship retail and wholesale brand, Liberty Cannabis, we continue to prove our ability to launch new brands from scratch and attract noteworthy partners.
We are deeply and actively committed to the communities we serve; our efforts under Liberty Cannabis Cares are focused on four pillars: Social Equity, Diversity, Community, and Cannabis Literacy.
Our team includes the nation's most knowledgeable experts in cultivation and medical dispensing, along with professionals who are top of their fields in medical professions, security, agriculture, real estate, and the legal distribution of other highly controlled substances. We are a team of best-in-class executives and staff from within and outside the industry who share a passion for advancing cannabis products and retail experience at scale.
Our well-established company is growing rapidly and adding to our team of professionals and specialists. Our employees receive PTO, paid Sick Leave, medical, dental, vision and other leave benefits as part of our highly competitive compensation package. Join us as we build a great place to work, shop, and invest.
Holistic Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About the Job:
The Laboratory Technician is responsible for assisting with lab production, which includes but is not limited to distillation, extraction, winterization, production of cannabis infused products, compliance requirements, and workplace safety.
- Run all aspects of processing cannabis into extracts, tinctures and other products
- Run complex high-end laboratory extraction machinery
- Troubleshoot down equipment and perform equipment maintenance
- Maintain an organized and clean laboratory environment
- Understand and follow all safety protocols and SOPs
- Oversee every step of the manufacturing process
- Provide detailed reports summarizing laboratory results to processing manager
- Follow written direction(s) and maintain a laboratory notebook
- Ensure applicable policies, procedures and guidelines, are being met, including the safe and proper operation of any/all applicable machinery, instrumentation, and equipment
- Operate laboratory instruments, make observations, calculate and record results
- Understand and meet daily goals
- Collaborate with lab team to meet production schedules
- Monitor production line and collect samples for analysis
- Follow SOPs and standard analytical procedures to meet Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices compliance
- Record required data in lab notebooks, computer databases, and test reports
- Practice good housekeeping habits throughout the lab with focus and personal attention towards a clean and organized work area at the end of each shift
- Responsible for safe handling of hazardous chemicals and identifying and/or reporting of unsafe equipment, conditions and practices so that they may be corrected prior to an incident
- Physical Requirements of the Job: VERY LABOR INTENSIVE. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance), may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching. Moderate to loud exposure to noise level.
- Regulations require that incumbent be able to obtain and maintain state marijuana work credentials.
- Holistic Industries hires at least 18 years of age and up.
- Associate degree preferred, with relevant college courses in biology, chemistry, or physics
- Prior experience in a manufacturing laboratory preferred
- Previous marijuana industry experience preferred, with priority given to candidates with experience in licensed facilities
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and email.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with basic scientific principles and laboratory terminology
- Basic math skills
- Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals
- Understanding and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the cannabis industry, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dependability toward assigned tasks and duties
- Strong ethics and sound judgment
- Must be able to successfully pass a thorough internal and external background check
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote