The national Director of Cultivation collaborates with Site Cultivation leadership and Management at Acreage grow facilities on the development and implementation of a cohesive cultivation strategy including propagation, plant care, harvest, pest management and health and safety to enable consistent, high quality premium yields at all company grows. The best qualified individual possesses extensive knowledge and deep operational experience / capabilities for credibility and is able to effectively engage at both the local level with Site Cultivation and Acreage leadership. Additionally, this role supports the design and construction of the company's new cultivation facilities as well as cultivation expansion projects.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Advises on cultivation and processing operations for multiple large-scale grow facilities including production planning, genetics/nursery management, plant care and IPM protocols for continuous improvement
- Serves as a consultative partner to site cultivation managers for annual plan development for all Acreage cultivation sites
- Identifies best-in-class cultivation policies, practices, and procedures for Acreage grow facilities
- Collaborates with site Cultivation Managers to help optimize premium production at all Acreage cultivation sites both short- and long-term
- Develops and executes repeatable indoor growth methodologies that achieve optimal indoor cannabis production
- Evaluates site level growth systems, procedures and reporting to enable each location optimizing premium yield to the greatest extent possible
- Partners with cultivation managers to troubleshoot issues and increase premium yield
- Researches and validates new horticulture, farm equipment, and technology to automate and streamline cultivation and processing operations, wherever possible
- Collaborates with Cultivation Managers to define preventative maintenance policies and procedures and ensure grow equipment operates, per manufacturer's recommendations
- Aids in the design and equipment selection for current and future cultivation facilities
- Participates in facility design and construction to ensure excellence in all production metrics
- Works with the construction team to ensures all new and expansion cultivation projects are completed on-time and on-budget
- Works in collaboration with Cultivation Managers to continuously improve the operational capabilities and outputs of all Acreage growing locations
- Develops and implements innovative genetics including conducting pheno hunts, identifying and acquiring key strains, developing tissue culture protocols, and implementing breeding techniques
- Develop and maintains consistent metrics for monitoring operational efficiency and productivity rates in Acreage grows.
- Works closely with department heads on monthly and annual planning and budgeting (including forecasting, demand planning) for all site cultivation, processing, and genetic programs
- Collaborates with local site managers on cultivation staff training and best practices, so that premium yields are being achieved
- Liaises with other departments, including finance (including Cultivation ERP metrics and drive process to inform them), accounting, marketing, sales, legal and HR to provide input on Cultivation goals
- Partners with Compliance and Regulatory on products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in state regulations impacting grow operations
- Partners with Compliance and Regulatory and Site Leadership on safe cultivation operations in compliance with OSHA, other relevant worker safety regulations and worker protection standards
- Collaborates with Site Leadership on the use and maintenance of state track and trace systems
- Partners with Site Cultivation leadership on training cultivation staff on Acreage policies, practices, and procedures for premium cannabis cultivation
- Provides on-going coaching and development to Site Cultivation Managers to ensure achievement of the site's cultivation, genetics, and craft/premium yield plans
- Hires, trains, and develops assigned cultivation staff in accordance with company policies, practices, and procedures
- Conducts regular meetings with assigned cultivation employees to assess goal, objective, and task performance
- Proactively identifies and implements developmental opportunities for assigned staff
- Supports building an inclusive culture where employees thrive, and organizational goals are achieved
- Leads, manages, and develops a high-performing extraction team through effective communication, empowerment, coaching, and development techniques.
- Actively models Acreage values and code of conduct
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable, and ethical environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of relevant experience
- Seven (7) or more years of experience performing and leading cannabis cultivation operations
- 5 or more years of experience leading and developing a non-reporting team of individuals across multiple disciplines and geographies
- Proficient knowledge of and experience with multiple business functions, including operations, sales, and supply-chain management
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a broad knowledge of management practices and good business analysis/project management skills
- Proven ability to manage numerous projects and resources simultaneously in a highly dynamic environment
- Analytical and strategic mindset, with the ability to make data driven decisions
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding business goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and work with other team members to achieve business goals. Team player who demonstrates flexibility and an astute ability to effectively evaluate market dynamics and develop effective solutions vs a cookie cutter approach.
- Proven ability to select appropriate talent and create a productive environment that promotes initiative, innovation, continual learning, and development of key personnel for future advancement
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
Computers and Technology
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (with advanced Excel skills including the ability to produce charts, graphs, and pivot tables)
- Comprehensive understanding of computer systems for cultivation/HVAC oversight
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Acreage Holdings, Inc. and its affiliated companies (collectively, the " Company ") value the health, safety and wellbeing of its employees, customers, their families, and other visitors of our offices and facilities and have instituted several safeguards and protective measures, including mandatory vaccination requirements, to prevent the spread of COVID-19 exposures and infections. Accordingly, the Company's Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be eligible for employment with the Company, except for individuals with a documented and approved medical or religious exemption, or other exemption as provided under applicable law.
For purposes of this Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, an individual is considered fully vaccinated when two weeks have passed following receipt of the second dose in a two-dose vaccination series (such as Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks have passed following a single-dose vaccination (such Johnson & Johnson). Additionally, candidates who accept an offer of employment will be provided with instructions for securely submitting proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to the individual's start date, as well as the Company's process for requesting and completing an applicable medical or religious exemption form. No medical documentation should be submitted to the Company prior to receiving such instructions from the Company's recruiter or other designated human resources professional.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.