The Portioning Technician is a crucial role reporting directly to the Manager of Extraction and Processing. The main responsibility of this position will comprise portioning of bulk batches into final delivery devices as assigned.
- Complete regular sanitation and basic maintenance of all portioning instruments and equipment including workspace, portioning equipment, containers, and tools to maintain proper safety and compliance
- Assist with proper weighing, labeling, and documentation of final product as well as the tracking of batch numbers and other necessary measurable data
- Operate all portioning equipment utilized at Standard Farms for filling final product into their delivery devices
- Perform all assigned duties required in a timely and accurate manner ensuring daily portioning goals are met while maintaining a safe work environment
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as well as local, state, and OSHA regulations
- Other projects/tasks, as requested by direct manager.
- Must be willing and able to occasionally work a flexible schedule as the business needs demand, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events.
- Functional Acumen - Consistently shows comprehensive knowledge, skills, and abilities in the functional area(s) for which they are responsible, and understands the fit with overall business goals
- Emotional Intelligence - Consistently executes the four (4) principles of EQ (i.e., self-awareness, social awareness, self-management, relationship management)
- Intellectual Agility: Consistently evaluates challenges and opportunities from a variety of angles, taking in multiple inputs, and arrives at reasonable business decisions
- Collaborate - Consistently maintains effective teaming relationships with internal parties, and as applicable, external parties
- Dependable - Can be consistently trusted to execute their job responsibilities on-time and within scope, and meets or exceeds targeted business results
- Upholds Company Values - Consistently role-models and supports execution of the Company core values
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a science discipline (biology, chemistry, etc.) preferred
- Prior laboratory or cannabis industry experience preferred
- All candidates must be ready, willing, and able to work a fully flexible work schedule to include days, nights and weekends to meet fluctuating business demands based on the needs of the individual department
- E very job applicant must pass a comprehensive background check, including the mandates of the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission. A job offer issued before the completion of a background check shall be contingent upon a positive result. A negative background check result may lead to the withdrawal of the job offer.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Willing to work varying shifts
- Able to sit for extended periods of time
- Able to stand for extended periods of time on concrete, kneel, bend, twist, and climb a ladder
- Able to lift and transport up to 50 pounds
- Hand dexterity
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
TILT is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to DEI. All qualified job applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to fostering diversity and leveraging the value of diversity with equity and inclusion.
For Company information, visit: www.tiltholdings.com
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Free Snacks / Drinks
Gender Neutral Facilities
Lunch & Learns
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote