The Packaging Technician is a crucial role at Commonwealth Alternative Care. This role is responsible for packaging medical devices and medical marijuana products into consumer facing packaging and bulk packaging before leaving the facility. This position will report directly to the Packaging Manager. An applicant for this role should be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, highly motivated, and detail oriented.
- Responsible for the final packaging of all products and devices. Correct identification and assembly of individual packaging components for bulk stock and appropriate label application on product containers.
- Ability to follow SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) - must follow specific directions and guidelines throughout packaging process. Add product into appropriate packaging to fill customer orders - apply labels, include product brochures, and tamper-proof where applicable.
- Ability to perform duties in a manner that ensures a clean and safe production facility
- Maintenance of sanitary conditions of all equipment and tools including workspace, containers, and appliances
- Assisting with the weighing, packaging, labeling, and documentation of all products as well as the tracking of batch numbers, lot numbers, and expiration dates
- Working with a team towards meeting department goals around efficiencies and cost
- Identify packaging quality control issues including visually inconsistent, damaged or blemished packaging.
- Acquire thorough knowledge of flower final manicure process to include identification of plant blemishes and undesirable consistency of product.
- Provide support to other departments as necessary.
- Ability to comply with all documentation and record keeping practices.
- Other projects/tasks, as requested by direct manager.
- Must be willing and able to occasionally work a flexible schedule as the business needs demand, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events.
- Functional Acumen - Consistently shows comprehensive knowledge, skills, and abilities in the functional area(s) for which they are responsible, and understands the fit with overall business goals
- Emotional Intelligence - Consistently executes the four (4) principles of EQ (i.e., self-awareness, social awareness, self-management, relationship management)
- Intellectual Agility: Consistently evaluates challenges and opportunities from a variety of angles, taking in multiple inputs, and arrives at reasonable business decisions
- Collaborate - Consistently maintains effective teaming relationships with internal parties, and as applicable, external parties
- Dependable - Can be consistently trusted to execute their job responsibilities on-time and within scope, and meets or exceeds targeted business results
- Upholds Company Values - Consistently role-models and supports execution of the Company core values
- Ability to pass state and federal background checks - no previous convictions for possession, distribution, or intent to distribute a controlled substance.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English.
- Ability to sit or stand for 8 or more hours per day
- Ability to lift 10 pounds with each hand and pick up to 50 pounds
- Effective communication skills / ability to rely information within team environment
- Positive work ethic
- One (1) or more years of packaging experience (preferred)
- High School diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- This position works in an indoor environmentally controlled work space. It is possible to sit or stand at intervals during a normal 8-hour day. Overtime may occasionally be required.
- All candidates must be ready, willing, and able to work a fully flexible work schedule to include days, nights and weekends to meet fluctuating business demands based on the needs of the individual department.
Every job applicant must pass a comprehensive background check, including the mandates of the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission. A job offer issued before the completion of a background check shall be contingent upon a positive result. A negative background check result may lead to the withdrawal of the job offer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
TILT is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to DEI. All qualified job applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to fostering diversity and leveraging the value of diversity with equity and inclusion.
For Company information, visit: www.tiltholdings.com
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Free Snacks / Drinks
Gender Neutral Facilities
Lunch & Learns
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote