Company & Role Overview
Company's Mission Statement
Wellness Connection of Maine is a cannabis company operating in full compliance with state and local law.
Our mission is to provide our customers with the highest quality cannabis at reasonable cost to them, to support customers' full-spectrum wellness, and to foster education about cannabis throughout the state.
Overview of Position
The Budtender is the welcoming face of Wellness Connection of Maine to our customers. The successful candidate will possess outstanding customer service skills, constant desire for self-improvement, and attention to details. This entry-level, non-management position offers the opportunity to learn and grow with the Company from the ground up, and to take on increasing levels of responsibility over time.
To succeed, the Budtender must be: Passionate, Informed, Approachable, Energetic and Trustworthy
The Budtender must exemplify WCM values of Personal, Reliable, Good-Natured, and Trailblazer.
The Budtender must consistently and uncompromisingly embody and demonstrate the following:
- Personal Accountability
- Problem Solving
Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the Budtender include interacting with, educating, and advising customers face-to-face and by phone; record-keeping; assisting with inventory and cash management; interacting with local service providers; and helping to maintain a clean, safe, and welcoming facility inside and out.
- Greets customers in person or on the phone
- Maintains customer records in compliance with State law and Company policy
- Answers questions about the law and the Company from customers and others
- Assists customers selecting product
- Assists Associate Store Manager with inventory and cash management, daily and weekly
- Maintains a clean, safe, welcoming environment inside and outside the facility
- Other duties may be assigned by the Store Manager and/or Associate Store Manager according to Company needs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years post-secondary education in a related field preferred
Work Experience Required
- 2+ years' experience in a fast-paced client-service intensive industry - hospitality and retail backgrounds preferred
- Work history showing progressive responsibility, willingness to accept, lead, and complete additional projects or challenges
- Computer & equipment operations necessary for running an office/retail center (POS systems; Word; Excel; office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems)
- Thorough understanding of Maine state law governing medical marijuana
- Arithmetic necessary for basic inventory and cash management
- Familiarity with history and varieties of medical marijuana preferred but not required
Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding phone and in-person customer service skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly in a positive and didactic manner
- Thriving to perform job duties in a fast-paced environment with the ability to stay even keeled in periods of stress
- Demonstrated proactivity, flexibility, adaptability and multi-tasking
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct
- Skill in accurate cash management and inventory control
- Strong written and oral interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Ability to focus; attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- On occasion, the willingness to travel to other work sites
- Absolute reliability and honesty
- Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching
- Must pass a background check
- Reliable transportation
About Acreage Holdings Co.
Headquartered in New York City, Acreage is a multi-state operator of cannabis cultivation and retailing facilities in the U.S., including the company’s national retail store brand, The Botanist. Acreage’s wide range of national and regionally available cannabis products include the award-winning Botanist brand, the highly recognizable Tweed brand, the Prime medical brand in Pennsylvania, the Innocent edibles brand in Illinois and others. Acreage also owns Universal Hemp, LLC, a hemp subsidiary dedicated to the distribution, marketing and sale of CBD products throughout the U.S.
Since its founding in 2011, Acreage has focused on building and scaling operations to create a seamless, consumer-focused, branded experience. More information is available at www.acreageholdings.com.