Company & Role Overview
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Human Resources coordinator assists with and facilitates the human resource processes for all departments at NYCANNA. This role also provides administrative support to the human resource function, as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and WURK entry.
- Partners with the Director to performs all human resources functions with the utmost confidentiality and in compliance with Acreage policies and procedures
- Addresses employee issues, concerns and/or questions in a professional and timely manner
- Partners with the Director to execute onboarding, including completing and verifying I-9 documentation. Prepares and maintains all new-employee files.
- Submits online background investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Collaborates with Compliance, Security, and other department managers to ensure all HR and company policies are followed.
- Supports audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs as directed by the Director.
- Assists with compliantly processing terminations in accordance with company and state guidelines.
- Assists with the preparation and execution of the mid-year and annual performance review processes.
- Assists with the recruitment and interview processes. Tracks status of candidates in WURK and supports every phase of the recruiting process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by Director
- Assists employees with electing and/or updating benefit plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans, and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Assists HRM with team recognition and retention efforts.
- Monitors and reports on status updates relative to assigned professional development and compliance trainings at the direction of the Director.
- Tracks monthly headcount report and updates monthly org chart accordingly.
- Perform related duties, as assigned by the Director
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Associate degree required - Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years human resources experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Demonstrable knowledge in state and federal labor laws, ADA, FMLA, OSHA, and COBRA
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion well within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Strong organizational skills, analytical and problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- State and FBI Background Check required (per state regulations)
About Acreage Holdings Co.
Headquartered in New York City, Acreage is a multi-state operator of cannabis cultivation and retailing facilities in the U.S., including the company’s national retail store brand, The Botanist. Acreage’s wide range of national and regionally available cannabis products include the award-winning Botanist brand, the highly recognizable Tweed brand, the Prime medical brand in Pennsylvania, the Innocent edibles brand in Illinois and others. Acreage also owns Universal Hemp, LLC, a hemp subsidiary dedicated to the distribution, marketing and sale of CBD products throughout the U.S.
Since its founding in 2011, Acreage has focused on building and scaling operations to create a seamless, consumer-focused, branded experience. More information is available at www.acreageholdings.com.