Company & Role Overview
This position requires a highly-motivated individual with excellent customer service skills to support the daily operations of company’s Retail Dispensary, including, sales, cash handling processes, inventory, customer service, regulatory compliance, communication, customer education and information management, and all other necessary requirements to remain in compliance with state laws.
Salary$17.00 / hour / hour
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.Career Advancement, Career Training, Company Discounts, Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits, Life Insurance, Gender Neutral Facilities, Inclusive Environment, Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
DatesNo information available.
No information provided.
About Coastal Dispensary California
Coastal is an adult-use recreational dispensary (21+) and med (18+) offering premium cannabis products with the goal of encouraging and enhancing happy, healthy and active lifestyles.
● Assist with dispensary & delivery operations and opening and closing procedures during hours of operation
● Adhere to all company-wide policies, process, procedures, and requirements
● Maintain a clean, sanitary, and organized work environment.
● Assist customers with understanding product benefits and offerings
● Work with management team to increase sales and foot traffic
● Comply with company cash handling policies and perform daily cash management responsibilities and compliance reporting per company policy.
● Educate patients on cannabis properties and selection of proper genetics according to the customer’s desired effect or per request
● Support in the management of dispensary sales and database, including weekly summaries of metrics
● Verify the receipt of dispensary supplies, equipment, and other resources
● Maintain a culture of high-quality customer service and communication
● Execute customer service and quality surveys as assigned by management
● Daily compliance with dispensary & delivery policies, including but not limited to the following: state/local regulation compliance, security protocols, access protocols, inventory tracking, dress code, and work schedules.
● Comply with all HR policies, including confidentiality and non-disclosure.
● Assist with facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary including phone, utilities, technology, maintenance, repairs, stock and supplies.
● Contribute to team environment and company advancement in alignment with the strategic direction set by management
● Notify Retail Manager about any customer or product concerns/complaints
● Notify Retail Manager about any operational (security, plumbing, HVAC, computers, etc.) issues
● Must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle for long periods of time
● Inspection of vehicles to ensure compliance and order fulfillment
● Maintain ongoing communication with dispatcher
● Regular Attendance
● This is a part-time position and requires up to 29 hours per week.
● Work revolves around objectives, projects, and priorities, not hours.
● Must be 21 years of age or older.
● Ability to use computer and calculator for 8 hours or more.
● Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
●Selected candidate will be required to complete a post-offer, pre- employment background check with the local law enforcement, as applicable.
● Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of center.
● Ability to perform the following physical tasks: sitting, standing, stooping, stretching, walking, bending, twisting, reaching, performing repetitive motions, and carrying boxes.
● High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
● A minimum of 2 years’ experience in roles of customer service, communication, and organization skills in a customer-centric sales environment
● Experience in Retail or Customer Service required
● Must be able to obtain State approved credentials and pass criminal background check
● Must have reliable transportation
● Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
● Working knowledge of Medical and/or Retail Cannabis
● Knowledge of Local, State, and Federal Laws and Regulations pertaining to Medical and/or Retail Cannabis
● Weave POS platform experience preferred
● Other duties as assigned
● Valid driver’s license
● Clean driving record
● Experience with fleet management delivery platform experience is a plus
● Reporting and information management, process management, team problem solving, and inventory control skills, knowledge of medical and/or retail marijuana policy and law, and experience with Microsoft Office.
● Excellent problem solving, communication, and organizational skills; anticipatory thinking and ability to forecast; calculating, multitasking, attention to details, conflict resolution, teamwork, and professionalism, accountability, and proactive active behavior.