Company & Role Overview
We're looking for a proven cannabis advocate and individual contributor to help grow and scale this teams' objectives and assist our Medical Patient Acquisition team, which requires talent, strategic thinking, vision, and a deep people operations mindset to dive deep into our valued medical patient acquisition opportunities throughout many diverse markets in the organization. Ideal candidate will drive acquisition efforts of new-cannabis patients through the development of creative campaigns to educate the public about the benefits of cannabis and our distinctive brands. This seasoned contributor will lead outreach efforts with medical facilities and other medical cannabis and educational events, in an effort, to grow our patient base and bring further exposure to the product(s) that we offer in medical markets. The role is critical to drive the growth of the organization and meeting our enrollment commitments to our customers and partners. The role focuses on reaching out to prospective patients to explain Green Thumb's products, addressing a variety of inquiries, gathering feedback, and patient conversion.
- Execute vision and planning efforts to improve market-level new patient acquisition and retention results.
- Provide guidance and act as liaison to the community on the overall Medical Marijuana Program; as well as the key benefits, proper treatments, and responsible use of medical cannabis.
- Create a network of local market physicians to enable patients and patient families to safely and responsibly access necessary resources.
- Conduct presentations and informational meetings with interested physicians, patients, community groups, and internal retail field leaders to build a greater understanding of offered products, among key stakeholders.
- Build and manage trade/patient education programs regarding RISE, Green Thumb products, and the overall industry.
- Provide product information and literature that helps persuade targeted physicians to recommend cannabis products.
- Work with GTI's revenue and marketing teams to develop deeper customer education and brand strategies that lead to greater medical patient acquisition efforts.
- Nurture, build, and cultivate direct-to-patient and business-to-business partnerships to generate new patient opportunities year-round.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute local events within the community (e.g., information tables, health fairs, doc talks, etc.) to help reach our ideal patients
- Monitor local competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques that improve on medical patient acquisition and the overall medical patient experience.
- Collaborate with local revenue and retail leads for developing and executing market-specific collateral and assets, including social media, email marketing, new product drops etc.
- Manage regulatory compliance approval process for marketing and advertising submissions
- Produce and analyze weekly and monthly reports to effectively target and prioritize upcoming new patient acquisition engagements, activations, and events.
- Possess a high level of critical thinking and operates with a solution/resolution-based mindset.
- Operate with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- College degree or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Three years of progressively responsible experience, preferably in sales, business development, or marketing
- Demonstrated success and a track record of growing sales that expand outside of traditional sales tactics
- Business-to-consumer (B2C) marketing, outside sales, or community outreach experience
- Cannabis industry experience a plus
- Technical proficiency in MS Office
- A passion for plant-based alternative therapies.
- Familiarity with reporting, databases, statistics, product lines and medical issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Analytically and communicatively intelligent.
- Ability to focus simultaneously on short- and long-term goals; ability to identify problems quickly.
- Knowledge of customer service, inventory management (including software) and regulatory compliance.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws is appreciated and commendable
- Must pass all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal and company regulations for working in the industry.
- Travel up to 50% may be required based on specific market needs
- Must be able to sit and stand frequently and in some business instances, lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must possess valid drivers license & means of transportation.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be approved by the OMMC to receive an Agent badge
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits, Paid Time Off, Company Discounts, Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation, Free Snacks / Drinks, Inclusive Environment, Life Insurance, Lunch & Learns, Paid Parental Leave, Relaxed / Casual Dress Code, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Work From Home / Remote
About Green Thumb Industries
Calling all curious, collaborative, compassionate, boundary-pushing, trustworthy stewards: There’s a place for you.
Join us on our mission to promote well-being through the power of cannabis while giving back to the communities in which we serve.
People are everything at Green Thumb. Some of us nurture plants while others pore over legal documents or open new stores. A few things we have in common? We’re stewards of the plant, a happy and humble bunch and genuinely love what we do.