Company & Role Overview
Cresco Labs is seeking a Senior Cost Accounting Analyst to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. This individual will report to the Manager, Cost Accounting and Analysis and be a key contributor to the company’s cost accounting and analysis process. This will include preparing monthly and quarterly cost models, as well as preparing key schedules used for accounting, audit, tax, and external reporting. The Senior Cost Accounting Analyst will also be responsible for providing key inputs and analysis for biological assets accounting and will liaise with the operational teams across the organization on key cost projects. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly organized with great attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
SalaryNo information available
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.No information available.
DatesNo information available.
No information provided.
About Cresco Labs, LLC
Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
MISSION STATEMENT At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
- Subject matter expert for cost and inventory accounting
- Responsible for cost accounting, including product and process cost models for IFRS and GAAP reporting for certain of the company’s divisions
- Prepare inventory analysis, valuation, and impairment on a quarterly basis
- Prepare schedules used in monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for both internal and external reporting purposes
- Prepare key assumptions and analysis for the technical accounting team for use in biological assets accounting
- Assist with preparation and review of the consolidated financial statements and footnotes for cost and inventory areas
Provide periodic (monthly/quarterly) operational cost analysis for the company’s divisions
Prepare variance analysis and other reporting for senior management
Work directly with operational and site teams on special projects and initiatives related to cost and inventory
Assist with operational cost model and SKU-level analysis initiatives to provide improved profitability reporting
Proactively identify areas to improve profitability and business results by leveraging cost models and analysis
Participate in and/or lead monthly and quarterly meetings with operational teams to support the growth of the business and share key cost findings
Assist with the implementation of additional/updated cost accounting modules and add-on reporting systems, including an ERP
Support the year-end financial audit and tax preparation process
Assist with the continuous improvement of processes and procedures as the company expands in both new and established markets
Prepare and update documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
Assist with integration of cost processes and policies for newly acquired businesses and market expansion
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- 3+ years accounting experience (public accounting or cost/inventory accounting highly preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Experience with financial systems (Intacct helpful) and ERP systems (SAP highly preferred) with knowledge of data structure and reporting requirements
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (including pivot tables and V-lookup functions) and MS Office required, including working with large amounts of data - Tableau experience preferred
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment - Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner and demonstrate sound judgement
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business with accounting concentration
- CPA highly preferred