Company & Role Overview
Our client is seeking applicants that want to join their dynamic team of Cultivation Technicians. Hired team members, will be responsible for providing care and support in plant cultivation, abiding by policies, and helping maintain a SAFE work environment. Duties will also include trimming and manicure work, planting of clones, and migration of plants from a greenhouse to an outdoor grow. Hired applicants must execute their duties and maintain a productive work environment while striving to maintain a clean and safe workspace. Must be flexible and adaptable to changing environment. Clear communication and respect are foundational to the work culture, and a love for outdoor work is a must as this is a very labor-intensive job. All hires will begin as temp-to-hire with the opportunity to join the company after a successful harvest season. Health Benefit will offered to employees converted to permenant.
SalaryNo information available
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits, Paid Time Off, Company Discounts, Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation, Free Snacks / Drinks, Inclusive Environment, Life Insurance, Lunch & Learns, Paid Parental Leave, Relaxed / Casual Dress Code, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Work From Home / Remote
DatesNo information available.
-Greenhouse and Outdoor work
- High humidity and temperatures, ranging between 80-100 degrees F during summer months
- Exposure to sprays for preventative pest maintenance
- Must be able to maintain healthy hydration as working prolonged hours in heat can be hazardous
- Potential for allergic reaction to or hypersensitivity to the marijuana plants
- 2 acres of land -The outdoor cultivation team will remain outdoors for entirety of shift -Cannot enter the indoor facility during shift (Cross contamination Prevention) -No Smoking unless on break and in designated smoking area
About Green Thumb Industries
Calling all curious, collaborative, compassionate, boundary-pushing, trustworthy stewards: There’s a place for you.
Join us on our mission to promote well-being through the power of cannabis while giving back to the communities in which we serve.
People are everything at Green Thumb. Some of us nurture plants while others pore over legal documents or open new stores. A few things we have in common? We’re stewards of the plant, a happy and humble bunch and genuinely love what we do.
Plant maintenance • Topping plants • Bottoming plants • Transplanting • Mixing soil • Scouting for disease or potential insects • Training plants • Lay trellis netting and work plants into place • Defoliate and prune plants Harvest time is August-September and will include trimming and manicure work.
- This is a physically intensive job. -Must be able to handle being out doors all day in the heat
- Daily stretching with the team before work
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, lifting, walking, standing, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 75 pounds (125 pounds with assistance)
- May include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over, and/or crouching
Regulations require that applicants be at least 21 years of age and able to obtain and maintain state marijuana work credentials Candidates must successfully complete a criminal record check, Live-Scan or FBI Fingerprints requirements High School diploma or equivalent Relevant work experience in hydroponic vegetable production or bedding plant production facility is desired. Prior nursery, landscaping, and/or agricultural experience preferred -Cannabis experience helpful
- Experience with automation systems
- Basic math skills
- Must be able to work in a safety aware environment
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time (i.e., trimming plants, potting, and regular inventory)
- Ability to work effectively and in a cohesive team atmosphere with all areas
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ethics and sound judgment
High School Diploma