The Assistant Cook is responsible for cooking candy through various cooking techniques and processes. They are expected to have a firm understanding of chemical principals that are being applied during cooking. They are also expected to record essential processing information during production and report the information electronically on each batch that is processed. Making hands on decisions will surround the following principles: Safety, Quality, Delivery and Productivity.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
DatesNo information available.
- Perform various production procedures which include but are not limited to: Cooking, infusing, and depositing gummy mixture
- Following SOPs, written and verbal instructions
- Record and report various production data onto physical batch records, and transfer data into electronic logs and tracking software (ERP & Track and Trace).
- Record and report any production, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and calibration operations performed in equipment logbooks
- Report any variation or deviation from expected values for process times, yields, and any other defined product characteristics throughout the production process to the head chef
- Assist in proposing changes to documentation or production processes to improve Safety, Quality, and Efficiency
- Enforcing the company Employee Hygiene Policy for working in a food manufacturing facility.
- Assist in the disposal of all waste materials
- Maintain a safe, clean, and sanitized work environment
- Assist when other tasks need to be completed
- Maintain clean department & other areas, as requested
- Ability to utilize computer software programs
- Follow instructions and guidance from Head Cook with attention to detail
- Other duties as assigned
- Lift up 40 lbs. without assistance
- Stand or sit for extended periods of time
Indoor edibles production facility.
- Ideally has at least 1 year of experience in a professional cannabis kitchen production environment
- Has precursory knowledge in the operation of cannabis kitchen production equipment
- Has basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the cooking industry
- Has experience following instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform critical job functions
- Previous kitchen experience working under the direction of a head chef is highly preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and possess a CO MED Badge
- Must have a ServSafe certification
- Detail-oriented with math skills
- Ability to maintain an excellent attendance record
Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
No information available
About SLANG Worldwide
SLANG Worldwide Inc. is a leading cannabis-focused consumer packaged goods company. The Company is focused on acquiring and developing market-proven regional brands, as well as creating new brands to meet the needs of cannabis consumers worldwide. SLANG is listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange under the ticker symbol SLNG.