Company & Role Overview
The Sales Supervisor is responsible for driving the retail store business and guest experience to achieve established goals through hands-on leadership and contributions. This role is responsible for leading, coaching, and developing a high-performing team that meets and exceeds top-line sales and KPI expectations through the Best-in-Class Experience. The Selling Supervisor is accountable for maintaining a strong presence on the sales floor to inspire the team and lead by example.
Salary$20.00 / hour / hour
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.Career Advancement, Career Training, Company Discounts, Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits, Life Insurance, Gender Neutral Facilities, Inclusive Environment, Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
DatesNo information available.
• This position will work in an indoor facility with controlled temperatures. There may be exposure to bright lighting, loud equipment, and airborne particles. This position requires working in proximity to customers and staff.
• While this position is primarily based on-site at the retail location, some travel may be required occasionally.
• Environment can be incredibly fast-paced and the ability to deal with high-stress situations is a must.
About Coastal Dispensary California
Coastal is an adult-use recreational dispensary (21+) and med (18+) offering premium cannabis products with the goal of encouraging and enhancing happy, healthy and active lifestyles.
• Align and comply with company policies, procedures, and The Parent Company Values; Absolute Integrity, Positive Energy, Bias Toward Action, Connectedness, and Truth-Seeking.
• Adheres to and enforces all city and state regulations, as well as company policies and procedures; educates the team and ensures compliance.
• Serve as a proactive role model, mentor, and coach for the team.
• Partner with Store Manager and/or ASM to support the development of the Associates and Leads by implementing training programs, conducting routine touch bases, including corrective action and performance improvement plans.
• Ensure the sales floor is running efficiently during LOD shifts, resolve any guest concerns that arise, manage employee breaks, and clearly communicate current objectives to the team.
• Create and implement selling strategies including contests that will motivate the store team to meet sales + KPI goals and hold the team accountable to meet them.
• Inspire + influence: lead by example always and drive positive results by building an excellent guest and team experience leveraging the Best-in-Class Experience as your guide.
• Maintain and manage all product knowledge resources and tools.
• Manage assigned Division of Responsibility (DOR).
• Always operate as an effective leader and demonstrate a strong sales floor presence.
• Perform store opening and closing procedures including completing and reviewing AM/PM Checklists and all applicable logs.
• Collaborate with store leadership to drive strategy and achieve goals.
• Maintain professionalism in your appearance, attitude, and communication.
• Oversee the daily sales ledger, shift logs, and KPI tracking and reporting.
• Participate in leadership meetings by presenting department updates, identifying opportunities, providing solutions, and offering feedback.
• Other duties and responsibilities as outlined + assigned by SM, Corporate partners, and DM/RM.
• This is a full-time position and requires 30+ hours per week.
• Work revolves around objectives, projects, and priorities, not hours. The Sales Supervisor must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Ability to use computer and calculator for 8 hours or more.
• Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
• Must have own transportation.
• Selected candidate will be required to complete a post-offer, pre- employment background check with the local law enforcement, as applicable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to do some lifting, squatting, bending, pushing, and pulling.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, lift, push, pull, talk and hear for extended periods of time.
• 2-4 years of retail management experience.
• Entry-level knowledge of cannabis products and related vocabulary is preferred.
• Cannabis experience is a plus but not required.
• Strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Must be reliable and dependable with a good work ethic.
• Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office, comfortability with retail software and databases.