SummaryCuraleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 130 dispensaries, 25 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
Corporate EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety) Leader
Curaleaf's EHS leader will provide direction and oversight for Environmental protection, Occupational Health, and Safety in the workplace. This position is an important part of the Operations leadership team at Curaleaf. This position will provide leadership, strategic guidance, and technical expertise on EHS regulations and compliance.
The leader's focus will be to develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive and effective Environmental, Health and Safety program to assure the quality and effective execution of EHS management processes based upon established regulations, standards, and industry best practices.
The EHS function will provide policies based on Curaleaf's operating environment today while planning for future needs as the company and industry evolve and overall regulatory oversight changes. Working across Curaleaf, this position will involve personnel and sites companywide (Operations Cultivation/Processing sites, Retail locations, and corporate offices).
The position will collaborate with functional leaders to include Compliance, Quality Assurance and Security to establish and implement policy and procedures, to assure compliance with all applicable regulatory programs.
The EHS leader will apply subject matter expertise to solve environmental and H&S issues within established guidelines and recommend appropriate solutions or alternatives.
The leader and related resources will develop and implement corporate management/ governance controls and site level controls (e.g., audit functions, document management, internal and external reporting, etc.).
- Establish Corporate goals and objectives for EHS @ Curaleaf to include:
- Policies and procedures to ensure desired results and consistent application
- Recommended structure
- Proper assessment (audit) methods
- Maintain and manage the company's EHS procedures:
- Delegate day-to-day management to responsible management teams
- Establish continuous improvement programs
- Develop routine internal monitoring and measurements and external auditing:
- Develop a program for reporting and rating performance (e.g., near misses, targets and actuals)
- Set program for determining root-cause and setting corrective actions
- Monitor and track the corporate EHS and site EHS processes - ensuring that all audits are completed and properly documented, required statements are filed, etc.
- Support for EHS Incidents
- Effectively lead EHS incident investigations, ensure proper classification, and drive the implementation of corrective actions
- Receive and respond to EHS issues raised under the Critical Incident reporting system
- Analyze EHS data trends and advise leadership on the appropriate recommendations to prevent new or recurring incidents
- Guide and promote safe work performance by developing safety systems, policies, and procedures; developing safety campaigns, communications, and recognitions; training managers and employees.
- Actively mentor Curaleaf personnel to assure EHS compliance. Provide risk analysis and troubleshoot/diagnose potential EHS problems/hazards and purpose viable solutions. This includes root case analysis, effective physical or behavioral control measures, and develop corrective action plans to arrive at best outcome.
- Keep abreast of new and changing regulatory requirements; form a multidisciplinary team(s) to assure EHS policy and practices efficiently address existing/new requirements.
- Promote a sound regulatory engagement between the company and its regulatory agencies to promote a healthy regulatory relationship, establish agency trust and promote a positive company reputation/image. Function as the main contact for any Governmental Regulatory inspections for EHS compliance.
- Develop annual goals for safety performance with the leadership for each of the sites by function. These goals will include both compliance initiatives, as well as plans for improved EHS results as defined by Key Performance Indicators.
- Participate in permit application preparation efforts for both existing businesses and new acquisitions and developments.
- Degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or related field.
- 10-15 years' experience in the EHS field w/ demonstrated ability in building processes and EHS functions from the ground up.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of health and safety compliance, regulations, standards, safe work practices, and procedures is essential (e.g., OSHA, EPA, DOT, etc.).
- Demonstrated leadership skills with an emphasis on driving for results and strategic thinking and planning.
- Strong team orientation and relationship-building skills; ability to influence behaviors. Effective collaborator with a record of consensus building with internal/external parties.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Ability to perform and manage multiple tasks and issues simultaneously and perform assigned responsibilities at a high level in a fast-paced, often changing environment.
- Ability to function as a strategic advisor to and foster constructive relationships with Team Members at all levels, including senior-level executives, peers, and frontline employees.
- The Corporate EHS Leader position will require regular travel to sites (internal and external).
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.