Company & Role Overview
Who we are and what we offer: We are a growing event and magazine brand in the B2B cannabis industry looking for a creative digital marketing and event marketing expert to launch a new model and drive exponential revenue growth. This is a remote employee position with a competitive salary and quarterly bonuses, offering health insurance, flexible hours, and other benefits. This is your opportunity to apply your vision and knowledge in a booming industry!
Emerge (emergecanna.com), produced by Cannabis & Tech Today magazine and IPW Worldwide, is the only 100% online cannabis event experience for the industry, and will be expanding to monthly online workshops, webinars, and multi-day events in our virtual reality platform. Our goal is to provide accessible, affordable, and actionable cannabis industry connections, intelligence, strategy, and business growth tactics to our audience of cultivators, manufacturers, retail & dispensary businesses, and industry support services like marketing, legal, HR, and legislation. We are committed to social justice, diversity, and sustainability for the industry.
SalaryNo information available
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.No information available.
DatesNo information available.
As a company, we are committed to excellent production values, personalized customer service, flexible strategies to grab opportunities, and having fun with our jobs. We love a challenge but also strive to provide a supportive leadership and efficient toolbox to help the brand and the team stay on top of this rapidly changing and expanding market.
About Innovative Properties Worldwide, Inc.
Innovative Properties Worldwide isn’t some generic media company. We are a unique, creative team with personality to spare. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, our company’s path is reflective of the growing city we’re based in, bringing new ideas and modern concepts to the worlds of publishing, corporate sponsorship, advertising sales, and more. In addition to our award-winning multimedia publications Innovation & Tech Today, Residential Tech Today, Cannabis & Tech Today, Sustainability Today, and STEM Today, Innovative Properties Worldwide has established key partnerships with a number of monumental events such as CES, Sustainable Brands, and CEDIA, creating mutually beneficial relationships to ensure continued growth on every side. With this combination of media and event experience, we help established companies and growing startups alike see their vision come to life.
70-80% focus on the Emerge event space and marketing for event attendance, magazine subscriptions, content marketing, and sales support marketing as needed.
- Follow new model for timing of events and plan outreach accordingly
- Work with team for tie-ins between magazine and event
- Assess database for clean up and improve response
- Assess marketing tools for cost savings, efficiency and effectiveness
- Copywrite for emails, website, and outside placements/PR
- Execute email blasts and website copy updates
- Oversight of social media team for calendar and content + paid ads
- Backup to social media team as needed
- Coordinate media and alliance partnerships
- Work with PR agencies and outlets for event resources, including influencers
- Assistance “on site” with the virtual events for execution and coordination
- Report results for both magazine marketing and event marketing
20-30% focus on subscription marketing activities for the other IPW brands - Innovation & Tech Today, STEM Today, Sustainability Today, and Residential Tech Today.
- Initial focus on clean up, assessing current marketing, and creating new processes
- Calendar of outreach efforts
- Report results
No information provided.
Your experience and talents should include:
- 5+ years' experience in B2B media and event marketing management
- Understanding of basic industry concepts like subscriptions, memberships, event ops, newsstand, newsletters, etc.
- Ability to see the big picture of the brand vs the day-to-day execution to reach goals
- Ability to recognize cross-promotion opportunities and execute
- Strong B2B voice and copywriting skills
- Familiarity with direct social posting and use of posting tools like Loomly, Buffer, etc.
- Familiarity with email marketing tools like Mailchimp
- Team management and motivation
- Committed to pro-active white glove customer service and best practices in marketing
- Creative and collaborative marketing to meet internal revenue targets
- Sense of urgency and responsiveness
- Ability to plan for success while being flexible to event and market changes
- Organized and well-versed in time management and project organization
- Usual Microsoft programs, plus Google docs and Outlook
- Proficiency in Canva, Adobe, or other graphic design is helpful
- Excited to work with a small team collaboratively and cooperatively
- Interest in and curiosity about tech, the cannabis industry, and B2B events
Preferred applications will include experience in or familiarity with the cannabis industry and its players.
- Marketing 4-year degree is desirable.
- Recent training or ongoing training in social media, direct marketing, and other marketing skills should be listed out for us.
- Membership to Cannabis Marketing Association or other marketing groups