Company & Role Overview
SummaryEveryone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that's what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person's individuality, because there's power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That's why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL...
The Assistant Operations Manager is an enthusiastic leader who supports the team in delivering exceptional customer service with a drive to achieve results while fostering a fun and inspiring environment.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in four markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision ... pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Maintain a strong presence on the floor to build relationships with customers, support and develop the team and drive revenue.
- Serves as a role-model and resource for store staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations.
- Responsible for driving sales to meet and exceed targets. Assist the Store Manager in meeting all financial goals, including management of the P+L, payroll, and store budgets.
- Successfully prepare for and support company driven promotions and launches to meet and exceed sales targets and deliver the best experience possible for customers.
Leadership & Education
- Continuously train, coach, and provide qualitative feedback using the performance management process to improve team engagement and performance.
- Provide training to ensure all store processes align with Standard Operating Procedures, safe practices, cannabis knowledge, and customer service goals.
- Responsible for the store's daily presentation including visual direction.
- Responsible for reading, interpreting, and communicating messages from Corporate Store Operations and takes proper action including updates bulletin boards and other communication avenues in store.
- Responsible for staff time management including timekeeping, scheduling, and creating store schedules. Partner with the Store Manager to ensure staffing is prioritized to provide optimal schedules and ensure the best customer service is provided.
- Responsible for organization of all areas back of house which includes managing the supply budget, inventory oversight and maintaining stock levels.
- Conducts audits and maintain accurate records of all activities including customer records and enforce a culture of compliance for all activities with strict adherence to the State of Florida Office of Compassionate Use and Florida Statues for a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center, as well as regulations set forth by local, state, and federal agencies.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU'LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- Microsoft Office Suite proficient to advance level
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask, plan, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence others
- Demonstrate independent, strategic thinking and business acumen, proven ability to analyze sales data and create effective action plans
- Proven operations, retail, and cannabis industry experience
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position
- Ability to assist with lifting stock and materials
- Routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, or photocopiers.
- Occasionally positions self to retrieve product or materials in the store, including accessing shelving in the storage area.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU...
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn't fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the "traditional" solution isn't the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision - why we exist - is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission - how we will do this - is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values - Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.401(k) with Company Match, Career Advancement, Career Training, Charitable Gift Matching, Company Discounts, Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits, Education Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation, Inclusive Environment, Life Insurance, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Time Off, Pet-Friendly, Relaxed / Casual Dress Code, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Work From Home / Remote
Parallel is one of the largest privately-held, vertically-integrated, multi-state cannabis operators in the U.S. with active operations in five high-growth cannabis markets. In each market we are known by distinct retail brand names:
- Florida: Surterra Wellness
- Massachusetts: NETA
- Texas: goodblend
- Pennsylvania: goodblend
- Nevada: The Apothecary Shoppe
Parallel is building a leading well-being company and are looking for the best, most diverse talent to join our team. We have a high-performance, inclusive, and employee-focused culture, that focuses just as much on how we do things as on what we do. We strive for the highest compliance to our laws and regulations, while finding the most efficient and innovation solutions that will benefit how we continue to serve our customers.