Company & Role Overview
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities*
The Territory Sales Manager is an essential leadership role managing and overseeing the day-to-day sales operations of the company, enabling the achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives. This position will require strong interpersonal skills, exceptional organization, trustworthiness, working calmly under pressure and
minimal supervision. As a representative of the company, the Sales Representative must have and
maintain a clean and responsible appearance and professional communication with vendors at all times.
Duties and Responsibilitie
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas by territories,
projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products, and deliver against
- Identify new opportunities for product development, or gaps in marketplace and share with
operations team to assist in exceeding forecasted sales objective
- Build and own the reporting analytics projects that allow strategic insights into the performance
of the sales organization to drive performance and allow monitoring of the busine
- Establishes plans, monthly/weekly sale forecast, budgets, and results measurements; allocating
resources; reviewing progress and making mid-course corrections.
- Develop and track wholesaler & retailer pricing and strategy for visibility into distribution,
promotions, pricing, shelf management and quality measures.
- Driving brand recognition of The Botanist and Superflux and working with the marketing team to
drive initiatives to build brand awareness and loyalty
- Ensure appropriate training is administered to all partner team members, provide marketing
team updates to training materials as need
- Ensure relevant product displays are delivered to partners, and setup properly in an engaging
way; assist in development and assessment of new display
- Ability to navigate the CRM software Repsly and keeping up to date information in the software
- Management of the cannabis B2B sales software, LeafLink, working alongside the inventory
manager to make sure all inventory is uploaded, priced appropriately and available for customer
- Assist partners with entering Leaflink orders as needed, ensuring all credit memos, promotions,
and discounts are tracked and reflected appropriately
- Develop and manage team travel, overhead expenses and promotional budget
- Tracking and managing performance of assigned brand ambassadors and scheduling on site
visits to retail locations as well as training new hires on sales operation
- Work with retail partners to ensure sell through on retail shelves, monitor partner menus to
ensure brand product suite is represented appropriately and accurately
- Measure success of rotating promotions, strategize new ways to ensure promotions encourage
ell-through of specific products at all time
- Partner with marketing team to ensure all online marketplace images and descriptions are up to
date and accurate
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of the companies product
- Respond to patient complaints, and customer service inquiries as needed in partnership with
other sales team members, and track appropriately.
- Track and monitor accounts receivable aging reports and ensure all accounts are current
- Travel throughout the state of Ohio checking in physically with the managers and buyers of the
tores as well as managing dinners and events with those key stakeholder
- Partner with other sales team members to ensure appropriate planning and coordination for all
related events and expos throughout the state and coordinating representatives of the company
to participate in such event
- Assure all processes have controlled Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and drive continuous
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in marketing, business administration or related field.
- Three or more years of related experience in CPG, pharmaceutical sales, or other B2B sales; or equivalent combination of education and experience (REQUIRED; non-negotiable)
- Experience that demonstrates growth, advancement in complexity, difficulty or level of
- Experience in planning and implementing sales strategies across multiple product categories
- Experience in professional relationship management
- Knowledge of federal, state, local laws and regs, which govern the medical marijuana industry in Ohio is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, G-Suite
- Demonstrated proactivity, flexibility, adaptability and multi-tasking
- Excellent verbal and written communication; solid presentation skills (presentations to small groups are required)
- Ability to use and communicate basic business math and interpret internal/external industry data and reports
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize, focus and have a sharp attention to detail
- Must have, and maintain, a valid driver's license and clean driving record
Successful track record in driving results, motivating teams and cross functional partnership.
Extensive experience building pricing structures that maximizes profitability with tracked ROI.
Ability to successfully navigate complex and changing business environments.
Process oriented. Understands and applies interdependencies across functions
About Acreage Holdings Co.
Headquartered in New York City, Acreage is a multi-state operator of cannabis cultivation and retailing facilities in the U.S., including the company’s national retail store brand, The Botanist. Acreage’s wide range of national and regionally available cannabis products include the award-winning Botanist brand, the highly recognizable Tweed brand, the Prime medical brand in Pennsylvania, the Innocent edibles brand in Illinois and others. Acreage also owns Universal Hemp, LLC, a hemp subsidiary dedicated to the distribution, marketing and sale of CBD products throughout the U.S.
Since its founding in 2011, Acreage has focused on building and scaling operations to create a seamless, consumer-focused, branded experience. More information is available at www.acreageholdings.com.