Company & Role Overview
GTI is seeking an Assistant General Manager\ Operations Manager to oversee and manage all aspects of our plant operations in Centreville , MD . Our facilities include our gro w and lab operations where we manufacture and produce our signature line of products and the post processing where inventory, packaging, and logistics are executed. As the Assistant General Manager\ Operations Manager , you'll direct all the daily production processes and long-term targets for the facility in conjunction with the General Manager . You'll grind away at the details of managing internal resources to maximize safety, quality, compliance, efficiency, productivity and culture. You'll also blaze the path toward creating and developing the multilevel professional team in Centreville , MD ., and you'll work closely with the site management team to keep every detail of the facility up to standards .
- Participate in creation and oversight of all strategic planning and vision for facility plant operations for cultivation, processing, packaging, maintenance, quality and logistics/fulfillment
- Manage and implement tactics related to all facility activities working closely with departmental managers ensuring wholesale objectives are accomplished on time and budget
- Help to manage the facility budget; Analyze facility data, including efficiency metrics, labor variance analysis, defect rates, cost drivers, volume and capacity planning, etc. to make recommendations on optimal quality and efficiency improvements and capital expenditures
- Develop, implement and produce reporting to clearly illustrate the trends of the business
- Manage and maintain a company culture consistent with the culture established at Green Thumb corporate of accountability, transparency and enjoyment
- Participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance Green Thumb's mission, vision, goals and objectives
- Continuously improve the skills, knowledge and morale of all employees; create an environment where the entire team does the same
- Help Implement and maintain wholesale facility and equipment preventative maintenance program; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal billing or licensing requirements
- Will be required to be on-call and to respond to emergency situations at any time. This may include scheduling issues, potentially covering a vacant shift, facility issues and/or human resources requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business required; MBA or similar preferred
- 10+ years of management experience in manufacturing environment; direct management of 75+ individuals in a manufacturing setting required
- Consumer Packaged Good experience preferred
- In-depth knowledge & understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, certifications a plus
- Exposure to horticulture and/or plant science and/or lab processing, a plus
- Strong commercial and financial acumen with experience managing a P&L
- Can-do attitude and ability to adapt quickly; business is experiencing tremendous growth so previous operational experience in growth environment is substantially preferred
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, f ast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of G reen Thumb
- Must have a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved b y state badging agency to work in cannabis industry
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits, Paid Time Off, Company Discounts, Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation, Free Snacks / Drinks, Inclusive Environment, Life Insurance, Lunch & Learns, Paid Parental Leave, Relaxed / Casual Dress Code, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Work From Home / Remote
About Green Thumb Industries
Calling all curious, collaborative, compassionate, boundary-pushing, trustworthy stewards: There’s a place for you.
Join us on our mission to promote well-being through the power of cannabis while giving back to the communities in which we serve.
People are everything at Green Thumb. Some of us nurture plants while others pore over legal documents or open new stores. A few things we have in common? We’re stewards of the plant, a happy and humble bunch and genuinely love what we do.