Company & Role Overview
Direct oversight, supervision and management of Production Department, its employees and functions in relation to producing and packaging. Supervision and implementation of all processes and procedures including the extraction, postprocess of extracted material, infused production, processing of flower and packaging of all final products.
The Operations Manager position oversees all areas of manufacturing to produce products and direct activities so thatapproved products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives. This position is also responsible for ensuring the facility and department's employees are compliant with local and state laws, as well as the Company's policies and procedures.
• Exercise significant authority and direction concerning operational issues, personnel issues and inventormanagement of their department
• Manage and maintain inventory and quality standards of the products packaged and processed in their department
• Maintain accurate daily, weekly and monthly tracking logs and reports in order to comply with state law, as well as the Company's reporting needs
o Maintain daily, weekly, and monthly inventories and logs that include WIP and VGP of on-hand product, packaged product, etc.
• Achieves optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
• Develops the production plan and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
• Manage, supervise and direct the activities of assigned staff; make recommendations regarding hiring, discipline, termination or advancement of employees in department
• Monitor employee progress; guide, train and develop employees in the accomplishment of their duties and goals through professional growth; write, conduct and oversee individual performance reviews/evaluations of department employees
o Continuously improve the skills, knowledge and morale of all employees; create an environment where the entire team does the same; lead by example.
o Help evaluate each employee's performance based on clearly communicated standards and expectations.
o Conduct individual employee performance reviews/evaluations.
o Hold employees accountable for performance; confront poor performance or behavior in a professional manner
o Help manage and moderate all disputes, disruptions and disciplinary personnel issues; report anything troublesome to direct supervisor
• Manage PTO (paid time off) requests and approvals of facility staff; Ensure employees understand and abide by PTO and Attendance policy
• Manage and coordinate all Extraction, Post-Process, MIP, Processing and Packaging operations at the facility including: daily activities, requisition requests, equipment requirements, training/ development, schedules, personnel and quality assurance
o Assure compliance with local, state and the company's licensing and tracking requirements.
o Manage inventory
▪ Ensure product quality during production, processing, and packaging
▪ Ensure and oversee daily and monthly tracking of all produced, processed and packaged product
o Oversee and manage Production employees
▪ Encourage and maintain a positive work environment for all employees
▪ Manage and moderate all disputes, disruptions and disciplinary personnel issues.
▪ Educate and train staff on the Company's quality standards including proper extraction,
processing, infusing, trimming and packaging techniques
▪ Educate and train staff on identification, handling and noting of the various diseases and/or quality problems found in product
▪ Make executive decisions on how specifically coded product will be handled and/or processed.
o Manage department supplies; ensure department is equipped with the proper tools needed to perform all tasks; fill out supply request forms weekly or bi-weekly in order to maintain proper supply levels
o Manage complaints directed at department from Senior Leadership
• Work with Production team to effectively meet production goals and quality standards
• Continually review current systems for operational efficiency, noting problems or redundancies and recommending solutions to streamline operational efficiency and quality
• Maintain operational authority regarding daily, weekly and monthly tracking systems and data processing requirements
• Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
• Ability to work in various sectors of the department as needed and/or requested by direct supervisor in order to help train, maintain and oversee quality standards, product and procedures by staff
• Help promote the company's vision and goals; lead by example, (example: event and volunteer assistance at Company and Company-sponsored events)
• Assure compliance requirements are met or exceeded through operational and physical support at the facility
• Innovation and involvement within the department in regards to policy and procedure; recommend new concepts and ideas in order to help streamline productivity and cost efficiency
• Use judgment in regards to new processes and product processing, keeping quality, projections and goals in mind
• Detailed reporting; comprehensive tracking and analysis of all product processed and packaged; reporting daily, weekly and monthly as required
• Create a proactive and positive environment where employees are challenged to meet and exceed production and quality goals
• Know and enforce the policies, procedures and goals of the Company
• Know and enforce all local and state laws and statues, with a focus on continued education
• Know and understand all processes related to production, processing and packaging products within department
• Understand general management principles and practices, including policy and procedure development, personnel management, supervision and team building
• Skills in analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and implementing recommendations in support all functions in the DTCP Department
• Skills in planning, organizing, and coordinating all policies and procedures related to the DTCP Department
• Ability to research, evaluate and adapt to new methods, compliance updates and techniques for operational improvement
• Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences, including direct supervisor, upper management and law enforcement
• Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately while not overstepping chain of command
• Understand applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, upper management, and governmental agencies
• Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, data base management, spreadsheet applications and email.
• Valid State driver's license or State ID card.
• Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
• Must pass all required background checks.
• Must be and remain compliant with all legal & company regulations for working in the industry.
• Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive & maintain an Agent badge
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Business Management or have related previous management experience prefferd
• 8 years of previous management experience required; in manufacturing setting preferred or equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• Employee must be able to perform and maintain focus on his/her tasks without being distracted by noise, other departments working in close proximity and/or various inspectors/contractors requiring access to their facility
• Employee must be able to adapt to constant change and be able to understand, manage and engage new policies and procedures in a short time period
• PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance) AND must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with plants and product.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits, Paid Time Off, Company Discounts, Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation, Free Snacks / Drinks, Inclusive Environment, Life Insurance, Lunch & Learns, Paid Parental Leave, Relaxed / Casual Dress Code, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Work From Home / Remote
About Green Thumb Industries
Calling all curious, collaborative, compassionate, boundary-pushing, trustworthy stewards: There’s a place for you.
Join us on our mission to promote well-being through the power of cannabis while giving back to the communities in which we serve.
People are everything at Green Thumb. Some of us nurture plants while others pore over legal documents or open new stores. A few things we have in common? We’re stewards of the plant, a happy and humble bunch and genuinely love what we do.