Required Responsibilities: The Manufacturing Director reports directly to the CEO and COO. The Manufacturing Director will manage all day-to-day aspects of site operations within the manufacturing facility: The Manufacturing Director Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development of the facility and purchasing of solventless extraction equipment
- Oversee hiring, training and development of solventless Extraction team
- Oversee day to day operations of solventless Extraction Facility
- Implement staff procedures for both in-house and white labeling and post-processing services, including; freezing, trimming, packaging, concentrates, vape carts, pre-rolls, etc.
- Work collaboratively to develop and/or improve systems, processes, controls, and procedures that improve the company's overall efficiency and ensure excellent client service.
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day operations to ensure no interruptions in production
- Work with Construction Managers to oversee all planning and construction for the buildout of manufacturing operations.
- Work with the cultivation team to seamlessly integrate cannabis product into the facility for freezing, drying and processing.
- Review production and scheduling plan to ensure they align with the product demand forecast.
- Ensure site and State safety programs and initiatives are implemented and adhered to
- Oversight of inventory levels for critical manufacturing components and facilitate the flow of material from cultivation to manufacturing to lab testing to the end consumer
- Work with the marketing team to facilitate the commercialization of new products in the local market.
- Lead production and operational management teams ensuring collaboration and cross-departmental efficiencies and team building
- Create a cohesive work environment to effectively coach, support, and inspire all Department Heads, Supervisors, Leads, and associated team members
- Set goals and provide guidance, direction, and performance management for direct reports. Ensure these are cascading to their reports.
- Lead training initiatives for team member development, including the development and challenging of SOPs for further betterment through real-world experience.
- Ensure operational priorities, processes, and procedures are communicated and understood by the Site Management team and follow-up on effective execution.
- Ensure the cost-effective manufacturing of quality pharma-grade products meeting all cGMP standards
- Ensure compliance with all manufacturing processes and SOPs, review metrics, and work to improve efficiency. Ensure quality assurance standards and metrics are maintained
- Responsible for and working closely with all key stakeholders in the planning and execution of local CAPEX projects
- Ultimate responsibility for the execution of quality initiatives to reduce non-conformances
- Develop protocols with a bill of materials and standard costing for effective and accurate COGS/Margins
- Manage OPEX activities and initiatives to continually improve income from operations margins
- Works proactively and independently with innovation and passion for delivering on self-defined and external goals
- Work with the Compliance team to ensure all milestones are met concerning licensing, training, and safety.
- Ensure compliance with state regulations.
- Assure that operation adheres to all business and industry license requirements.
- Oversight of all controlled substance inventory accuracy and variance corrections.
- Partner with Cultivation and Manufacturing teams to monitor and maintain proper controls with all federal/state regulations.
- Work with Controller to ensure financial goals are being met.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Start-up experience is a plus, and the ability to manage within a fast-paced, chaotic, and ever-changing environment is required.
- Subject to background check per state cannabis requirements
- Current Driver's license required
Experience & Skills:
- Must come from a track record of success
- Supervised 20 or more team members in an FDA controlled, SQF or cGMP production environment
- Involvement in the cannabis industry is not required but a plus. However, experience in a highly regulated industry strongly desired
- 5+ years experience in manufacturing, supply chain, quality, and logistics required
- Ability to work efficiently in data systems and building metrics within Metrc, Airtable, Excel and other software systems
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed
- Leadership - Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Contributes to profits and revenue.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethics; Upholds organizational values.
About Full Spectrum Biotech
No description provided.