Company & Role Overview
Our Client is one of the biggest multi-state operators in the Cannabis space and is looking to bring on a talented new Packaging Associate! The Packaging Associate will be responsible for safely and effectively preparing, filling, packaging and labeling our food safe medical cannabis oils, edibles, and liquids for ingestion, inhalation, solid dose and topical applications. This position will also be responsible for maintaining production and packaging equipment.
SalaryNo information available
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits, Paid Time Off, Career Advancement, Company Discounts, Inclusive Environment, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Work From Home / Remote
DatesNo information available.
Operations are conducted in an indoor production facility.
Due to state regulations, qualified candidates for this position must be at least 21 years of age and able to pass a background check – certain criminal convictions may disqualify candidates based on state medical marijuana licensing regulations.
About Holistic Industries
At Holistic Industries we are building a great place to work, shop and invest in cannabis. Our mission is to provide patients with the highest quality, safest cannabis medicine possible. As our name suggests, we care for the whole person. Our company develops and offers a wide range of proprietary strains that increase desired cannabinoids such as CBD. These high CBD strains have become our foundation for growing, packaging, and selling the best cannabis in our markets. Our team includes the nation's most knowledgeable experts in cultivation and medical dispensing, along with professionals who are top of their fields in medical professions, security, agriculture, real estate, and the legal distribution of other highly controlled substances.
- Coordinate and manage daily lab tasks with Packaging Supervisor
- Properly set up and operate filling, edible and solid dose manufacturing, packaging, and labeling equipment
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions and Company SOPs to sanitize production area and equipment
- Maintain accurate documentation of all related data in tracking software
- Prepare plant material for extraction (packing material socks) and accurately documenting related data
- Efficiently fill, package, and label products in compliance with Company SOPs and all applicable manufacturing procedures
- Set up, break down, and sanitize packaging area as needed and in compliance with Company SOPs
- Assist with general laboratory tasks including, but not limited to, winterization, filtering, ethanol extraction and rotary evaporation
- Perform in-process and post-process sample acquisitions according to protocols or batch records
- Support new product lines and process development as needed
- Clean and sanitize packaging and laboratory areas and equipment
- Assist in monitoring and managing all related processing equipment supplies and inventory
- As needed, work in other areas of the facility including manufacturing, harvesting, and/or drying and weighing
- Ensure compliance and accuracy involving all product tracking, product security, and product movement procedures
- Participate in training future new team members as necessary
- Any other reasonable request from any member of management
- Must be able to lift, carry, and balance up to 75 pounds (125 pounds with assistance).
- May include walking or standing for extended periods of time.
- Stooping, bending over and/or crouching.
- Moderate to loud exposure to noise.
- Previous marijuana industry experience preferred with priority given to candidates with experience in licensed facilities
- Prior packaging and labeling experience is preferred
- Basic math skills
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for extended periods of time, e.g., operating filling and/or packing equipment
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and email.
- Must maintain current knowledge of and adhere to all policy and regulations of the Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED) and Department of Public Health and Environment (DPHE)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dependability toward assigned tasks and duties
- Strong work ethic and sound judgment
High school diploma or equivalent required.