Company & Role Overview
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Security Guard is responsible to have a positive impact on the safety and security of all NYCanna assets and its facilities. The Security Guard will provide good Surveillance observation skills and conduct good security rounds. He/she will demonstrate a positive attitude and be willing to accept all job assignments with enthusiasm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend daily briefings on time and participate in a positive manner.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the Security Department by following prescribed policies and procedures, as well as enforcing New York State Department of Health Guidelines and complying with NYCanna standard operating procedures.
- Respond to all incidents by taking appropriate actions and making the proper notifications to management.
- Must maintain a professional appearance.
- Must maintain professional communications with all guests, patrons, co-workers and Supervisory staff.
- Must take all precautions to safeguard all Company assets.
- Conduct him/herself in a gracious, courteous and responsive manner which reflects positively on the company and its core values.
- Must keep Security Manager informed of all important and relevant security matters. Will conduct additional duties as directed by Security Manager.
- Be responsible for writing reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Must adhere to HIPPA policies and procedures. Must be responsible for proper handling of confidential information, reports, equipment and materials.
- Ability to acquire a general understanding of New York State Department of Health MedicalMarijuana Program Laws and Regulations
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Must Provide a current certificate of completion of the New York State Division of Criminal Justice (DCJS) 8-Hour Pre-Assignment Training and or valid Security Guard Card.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate's degree or higher, criminal justice background or related field (preferred)
- Work history showing progressive responsibility, willingness to accept additional projects or challenges
- Regularly sit, stand or walk to complete assigned shifts.
- Be flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekend hours and overtime as business needs dictate.
- Be physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift to 50 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined space.
- Regularly use, observe and monitor CCTV equipment.
- Report all acts of wrongdoing observed or gleaned by any staff member that they have reasonable knowledge of.
Must pass a background check (state mandated)
About Acreage Holdings Co.
Headquartered in New York City, Acreage is a multi-state operator of cannabis cultivation and retailing facilities in the U.S., including the company’s national retail store brand, The Botanist. Acreage’s wide range of national and regionally available cannabis products include the award-winning Botanist brand, the highly recognizable Tweed brand, the Prime medical brand in Pennsylvania, the Innocent edibles brand in Illinois and others. Acreage also owns Universal Hemp, LLC, a hemp subsidiary dedicated to the distribution, marketing and sale of CBD products throughout the U.S.
Since its founding in 2011, Acreage has focused on building and scaling operations to create a seamless, consumer-focused, branded experience. More information is available at www.acreageholdings.com.