Company & Role Overview
The Social Media Manager is responsible for the oversight and project execution of The Parent Company’s social content strategies and plans, to drive engagement and deliver against established KPIs. This position will work directly with the Digital Marketing Director, and creative partners to drive engaging, robust, and brand-relevant programs across priority channels. The Social Media Manager will also be responsible for managing a consistent voice across social platforms, managing timelines, and ensuring that content is distributed on the right channels at the right time. This position will have a strong strategic and technical understanding of existing and emerging social platforms, while also being a creative, outside-the-box thinker.
Salary$90,000.00 / year / year
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.401(k) with Company Match, Career Advancement, Company Discounts, Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
DatesNo information available.
- Retail: This position will work in an indoor facility with controlled temperatures; may be exposed to bright lighting, loud equipment, airborne particles, and working in proximity with customers and staff.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and may work in proximity with customers and staff.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations.
About The Parent Company
The Parent Company's operational footprint spans cultivation, extraction, manufacturing, brands, retail and delivery.
• Optimize The Parent Company’s social presence (including corporate, retail & first party brands) across Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook along with any other relevant or emerging platforms.
• Work closely with Digital Marketing Director and creative team to execute ad-hoc content creation based on short-term and long-term business needs, trending conversations, competitive activity, and retail requests.
• Manage social requests from digital team as well as PR, retail and trade marketing to align with social content calendar.
• Lead project management of creative deliverables and management of content libraries.
• Ideate social media content buckets appropriate for each channel designed to encourage greater social participation and increased engagement.
• Create and update social media calendar and posting schedule to share out with larger team.
• Facilitate community management and work with customer service team to ensure all comments and customer inquiries are addressed in a timely manner.
• Complete weekly and monthly reporting to identify content trends and react accordingly and inform upcoming strategies.
• Strategize influencer, contests and other digital activations when relevant.
• Understand the social media universe as it relates to cannabis and stay current with trends, outlets, and resources to achieve the best performance on social platforms.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Some lifting, squatting, bending, pushing and pulling. -Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, lift, push, pull, talk and hear for extended periods of time.
• Knowledge and excitement for cannabis and the cannabis industry is a plus. • Understanding of cannabis guidelines on social preferred but not required. • Strong communication and interpersonal skills required. • Comfortable with data, with an intimate understanding of how data informs social strategy & content. • Creative problem solver, with a strong attention to detail. • Resourceful and proactive with the ability to think a step ahead and anticipate needs. • Experience working in a fast-paced work environment and able to adapt to demands of competing work priorities with the ability to pivot calendars and strategies to ensure relevance. • Must be punctual, approachable, and enthusiastic. • Must be independent, problem-solving, and a hard-working team player. • Strong computer skills including proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office, comfortability with various software and databases.
• College degree preferred but not required. • 3+ years of social media experience.