The TerrAscend Organization (OTCM: TRSSF) is permitted to cultivate, process, and dispense premium medical marijuana products to the medical marijuana patients in US States that have legalized medical marijuana products in a compassionate and safe manner. We are also committed to serving those states that have legalized recreational use by providing premium products. TerrAscend is creating an enduring, world-class company capable of operating under the standards of a highly regulated business looking to shape the future of marijuana-based therapies in the markets we serve.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the daily packaging schedules to ensure attainment of efficiency goals.
- Job entails working around plants, pollen, and fine dust.
- Verify that all applicable working areas, tools, processing equipment, packaging and labeling components are maintained in good working order prior to the start of each batch.
- Ensure that all packaging, labeling, and data reporting activities are performed with attention to strict Terrascend quality and safety standards, regulatory compliance, and all other applicable legal and food safety requirements.
- Safely operate, clean, calibrate, and maintain equipment including manual, semi-automatic, and automatic liquid filling machines, capping machines, label applicators, label printers, and scales according to strict standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Contribute to continuous improvement of Terrascend process SOPs, work instructions and controlled document revisions.
- Manage inventory of packaging and labeling components, finished products, and other items by maintaining accurate records.
- Adhere to safe chemical handling and disposal procedures as defined by SOPs and material safety data sheets (MSDS).
- Ensure the safety of themselves and others by maintaining a safe and orderly environment.
- Report to and actively support Packaging Lead on a daily basis to ensure attainment of goals and deadlines.
- Drive productivity and cost-effective packaging processes and develop innovative plans to achieve optimization.
- Work nights and weekends as needed to complete critical tasks.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Job will include working/ packing biomass in a cold environment
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be flexible and work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to solve problems in a collaborative environment
- Be able to lift 50lbs
- Ability to stand and work on your feet for hours at a time
- Exceptional communication skills a must
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Experience working in a GMP manufacturing or laboratory environment is preferred.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all company regulations
Background Check Requirement
As a condition of employment, a complete background investigation will be conducted based on the rules of the specific State in which the employee is hired. The investigative process includes a state and federal background check. In some instances, individuals that have been convicted of certain disqualifying criminal offenses may not hold a position with TerrAscend.
At TerrAscend, employees and applicants are evaluated based on their qualifications, skills, and ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. TerrAscend is committed to assuring equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. TerrAscend shall not discriminate against applicants because that person does or does not smoke, vape, aerosolize or otherwise use cannabis items.
TerrAscend is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, to include gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and gender identity, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and the like is not exhaustive, rather it is illustrative of the current essential functions required for the position.
This organization participates in E-Verify.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.. Si E-Verify no puede confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar, este empleador está requerido a darle instrucciones por escrito y una oportunidad de contactar al Departamento de Seguridad Nacional (DHS) o a la Administración del Seguro Social (SSA) para que pueda empezar a resolver el problema antes de que el empleador pueda tomar cualquier acción en su contra, incluyendo la terminación de su empleo. Los empleadores sólo pueden utilizar E-Verify una vez que usted haya aceptado una oferta de trabajo y completado el Formulario I-9. Para más información sobre E-Verify, o si usted cree que su empleador ha violado sus responsabilidades de E-Verify, por favor contacte a DHS.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.