SummaryWHO IS PAMS?
Pennsylvania Medical Solutions, LLC is focused on integrating standard medical, scientific, and operational practices into the medical cannabis industry, improving the quality, safety and affordability of cannabis-based medicines for our patients in Pennsylvania
The Processing Manager will be responsible for making sure that their facility and department's employees are compliant with local and state laws, as well as company policies and procedures. This role will be responsible for all activities related to the post-harvest production of cannabis flower through primary packaging, as well as secondary packaging for both cannabis and infused products..
- Exercise authority and direction concerning operational issues and budget decisions; participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, department policies, and procedures
- Documentation and continued development of internal processes
- Continuous improvement in efficiencies, processes and procedures for DTC
- Manage and coordinate Post Harvest, Cure, Processing and Packaging operations at the facility including: daily activities, supply requests, equipment requirements, training/ development, schedules, personnel and quality assurance.
- Inventory oversight, management, and organization.
- Ensure product quality; making sure product quality is maintained while being processed, cured, and packaged.
- Ensure and oversee tracking logs of all harvested, processed and packaged product.
- Understand and perform proper curing and drying methods; understanding, maintainingand executing knowledge of correct levels of humidity and temperature ranges during various stages of production.
- Manage and utilize Processing and Packaging labor force to effectively meet production goals and quality standards
- Work in various sectors of the department as needed to assist train, maintain and oversee quality standards, products, and procedures by their staff, as well to help meet goals.
- Assure compliance requirements are met or exceeded through operational and physical support at their facility.
- Responsible for continued innovation and evolution within the department in regards to policy and procedure; making recommendations and offering new concepts and ideas to help streamline productivity and cost-efficiency
- Review new processes and product flow while maintining, quality oversight
- Create and manage detailed reporting, comprehensive tracking and analysis of all products post-harvest through finished packaging; reporting daily, weekly and monthly as required
- Create a proactive and positive environment where processing employees are challenged to meet as well as exceed production, quality goals, and standards
- Experience in all areas related of post harvest processing of cannabis, including curing, trimming, and packaging.
- Skills in analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and implementing recommendations
- Ability to research, evaluate and adapt to new methods, compliance updates, and techniques for operational improvement
- Understanding of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes, and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, upper management, and governmental agencies
- Assists the cultivation department with processes related to the drying of cannabis in order to maintain schedules and production goals; gains knowledge and experience in the processes and procudures of drying cannabis.
- Responsible for all flower processing related trimming, curing and primary packaging as well as all processes related to secondary packaging for both flower and manufactured products
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management or related previous management experience
- 3 plus years of prior management or assistant experience
- Experience related to the drying, curing, processing, and/or packaging of cannabis.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment, and software, including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications, and electronic mail.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences, including their direct supervisor, upper management, and law enforcement
- Perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequently standing
- Often stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 50 pounds
- Often Twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule; May be requested to work additional time, as business demands require
- An environment with moderate to loud noise level
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability