Our client is hiring Harvest Technicians who will be responsible for the care of medical marijuana plants in the post-harvest stage. Position Summary: Harvest Technicians report to department supervisors and are responsible for the care of medical and recreational cannabis plants during the flowering stages. Harvest Technicians will execute operations pertaining to plant care such as trimming, pruning, defaning, up-potting, ensuring environmental control, and inspecting plants for signs of deficiency or infestation, as well as labeling and tracking plants using METRC tags.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
DatesNo information available.
- Implement Cultivation practices as indicated by supervisors and managers.
- This position will be responsible for preparing and processing harvests for flower sales.
- Harvesting and drying wet cannabis plants.
- Ensure accuracy of plant inventory, including strain names, plant tag numbers, and counts of plants.
- Perform plant maintenance such as trimming, pruning, defaning, up-potting.
- Ensure the grow facility is kept free of pests, viruses, or other diseases by preventing contamination through proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and biological controls established within the cultivation SOPs.
- Accurately weigh and record post-harvest materials and manage cultivation waste
- Regularly sanitize tools, equipment, dry room, greenhouse, pots and production areas used in the grow facility to ensure sanitary practices, tray and bin cleaning .
- Abide by high personal hygiene standards.
- Observe and immediately address issues with plants, equipment, or environments.
- Break down and set up plant production areas after harvest, including: sweep all work areas, sanitize crop benches, wash down rooms, and prepare to transplant new crops.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with regard to plant health and traceability, in order to uphold the company’s standard for quality.
- Work in a timely manner and strive to increase productivity through coordinated workflow and efficient systems.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area allowing for the proper segregation of materials, processes and sanitary conditions within the grow facility.
- Observe and follow all facility and department-specific safety standards, use proper PPE where required, and alert supervisor to any non-compliance. *Other duties as assigned.
- Long periods of prolonged standing (8-hour shifts)
- Requires normal range of hearing and manual dexterity
- Ability to observe and assess material that deviates from established company standards.
- Some crouching or holding uncomfortable positions for extended periods of time; repetitive motions.
- Requires occasionally, bending, climbing, and lifting up to 70 pounds.
- Long periods of prolonged standing
- Requires normal range of hearing and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer
- Climb ladders up to 8 ft tall
- Weekly cleaning using chemicals while wearing PPE
- Must have clean pair of shore to leave on-site and to change into to avoid cross-contamination
- Uniforms are provided and you would change into them daily
- Wet conditions, try to leave water-resistant shoes onsite
None required. Labor-type role doing post-harvest duties
Minimum Requirements: Ability to communicate clearly and accurately. Must comply with state regulations and guidelines. Ability to pass a background check required. Must be 21 years of age or older. 1-3 years of experience in horticulture, agriculture, and/or marijuana cultivation preferred. Energetic team player, willing to take direction and learn new skills. Basic strain and plant structure knowledge preferred. Knowledge of uses and benefits of cannabinoids preferred. Two years of Caregiver experience preferred. A combination of the above shall also be considered.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
No information available
Fluresh is a modern wellness company dedicated to empowering patients to confidently improve their well-being through cannabis. Our goal is to provide the Michigan marketplace with a growing portfolio of high-quality, branded cannabis products that are safe, reliable and trustworthy. Fluresh has two state-of-the-art integrated operations in Adrian and Grand Rapids, Michigan, to grow, harvest, process, provision and package the highest quality premium medical cannabis product to allow patients to make the right choice with trust, dependability, consistency, and care.