As a GSE, you will drive our growth with mid-sized growing brands in the cannabis industry. You will work collaboratively with sales leaders, software solutions consultants, and professional services teams to exceed goals for customer engagement and revenue growth. Growth Execs establish relationships with prospects and turn them into clients by educating them on the advantages of Vangst’s solutions for attracting the best talent within and outside of their market. Cannabis is the fastest growing industry in the country and consumer approval and legalization for medicinal and adult-use is rising at the fastest rates in history. This is the opportunity you have been looking for if you want to put your talent to work and reap the rewards of being ahead of the curve.
What You Will Do
- Drive revenue growth by developing, closing, and scaling a pipeline of successful prospect accounts in a defined geographic territory
- Develop relationships with prospective clients through cold calling, email, social media, and networking events
- Position and sell our innovative suite of solutions built specifically for the complexities of the cannabis industry
- Negotiate sales price points and contracts
- Analyze territory/market potential and keep up with cannabis regulations in your specific territory
- Meet weekly, monthly, and annual sales quotas through the successful implementation of sales and marketing strategies and tactics
- Possess in-depth product knowledge and be able to conduct demos and relay objection handling
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds at times.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive Base Salary & Commission
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Participation in company stock options
- Company Sponsored Health, Dental, Vision, Long term & Short term disability insurance
- 401(k) accounts
- Healthcare Spending Accounts
- Remote & Hybrid Work Environments
- Access to free off-site workspaces
- Flexible work schedules with approval from management, based on business needs
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Some travel may be required.
- This is a full-time salaried exempt position.
- 3-5 years of sales experience, preferably in cannabis
- Passionate about technology and its intersection with finding jobs
- Business acumen to interface with leaders of growing companies that need you to help put the talent in place to execute their vision
- Proven experience hitting or exceeding sales metrics and success with closing business
- Prior experience with Salesforce (or another CRM system) and related productivity tools
- Excellent selling, negotiation, and communication skills
- Prioritizing, time management, and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Ability to travel 20%-25% for business events
Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study. Master's degree preferred.
Vangst is the cannabis industry’s hiring platform. Vangst helps cannabis companies find the talent they need to grow their business. From on-demand gig workers to trained & credential full-time employees, Vangst has built the industry’s go-to talent marketplace for all cannabis hiring. Vangst is proud to work with 1,200+ of the cannabis industry’s leading businesses.
Since raising their seed round in 2018, Vangst has become one of the fastest growing companies in the cannabis industry and was recognized as one of Fast Companies most innovative companies.
Today, over 300,000 people have full-time jobs in the cannabis industry and this number is expected to triple over the next five years. Vangst is on a mission to fill every job in the cannabis industry.
Vangst’s headquarters is in Denver, CO. Vangst is a Series B company and backed by Lerer Hippeau, Colle Capital, Level One Fund, Snoop Dog’s Casa Verde Capital, and others.