Company & Role Overview
The Michigan Sales Representative is responsible for selling Viola premium cannabis products by identifying leads, educating prospects on products through calls, trainings, and presentations, and providing existing customers with exceptional support.
- _*Reports To: Market GM / Head of Outside Sales
- _*Compensation: Competitive Base Salary plus Commissions as determined by designated sales tiers
- _*Standard Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (occasional weekend and/or extended hours as needed)
SalaryNo information available
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.Career Advancement, Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits, Gender Neutral Facilities, Inclusive Environment, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Time Off, Relaxed / Casual Dress Code, Career Training, Company Discounts, Work From Home / Remote
DatesNo information available.
- Remote and in the field / on the road.
- Licensed cannabis retailers / provisioning centers.
Viola is the leading Black-owned producer and licensed reseller of premium cannabis products. Founded in 2011, the brand was inspired by co-founder Al Harrington's grandmother, who had long suffered from glaucoma. He convinced her to try cannabis, which relieved her symptoms, demonstrating the power of the plant. This pivotal experience inspired Harrington to name his company after his grandmother and begin his journey as CEO of Viola Brands.
Viola's mission is to increase equity within the cannabis space to ensure black and brown people are afforded an opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing industry that historically has left them disenfranchised. With over 10 years of experience growing premium flower and producing award-winning extracts, Viola offers a wide variety of strains and products across five states and throughout Canada.
One flower at a time. One community at a time.
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve customers by selling products and meeting customer needs.
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedules to call on existing or potential sales outlets.
- Achieve weekly and monthly sales goals.
- Meets regularly with the Sales Manager to set goals and track customer sales.
- Maintain positive customer relationships.
- Educate customers and their teams for best possible end-consumer experience.
- Assist with distribution of customer orders.
- Provide up-to-date product menus for customers to select from.
- Communicate with Distribution regarding customer orders and expectations.
- Maintain working knowledge of all product SKU’s, pricing, and availability.
- Stay current on market trends and changes in supply/demand.
- Promote social media presence and brand awareness.
- Utilize Salesforce and LeafLink for CRM and order processing.
- Grow account presence by opening new doors.
- Grow shelf space allocation in Key Accounts.
- Must be able to drive to various locations around the greater Detroit-Metro region.
- Must be able to attend / conduct virtual meetings in a professional setting.
- Must pass a Background Check as required by the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
- Experience working in a Sales environment.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Well-versed in CRM processes and functionality.
- Ability to travel to customer accounts within the state of Michigan.
- Attentive to details with a high standard for customer service.
- Expert knowledge of cannabis products and consumer behavior.
- Highly motivated self-starter with exceptional teamwork skills and strong work ethic.
- Experience as a Budtender and/or Cannabis Sales Representative
- 2+ years of experience working in the cannabis industry.
- 2+ years of outside sales experience.
4-year degree preferred but not required.