- Acreage Holdings is one of the largest vertically integrated, multi-state operators of cannabis licenses and assets in the U.S. We deeply believe in the transformational power that cannabis has to heal and change the world. Our mission is to champion and provide access to cannabis' beneficial properties by creating the best quality products and experiences.
The Dispensary Manager is responsible to ensure the smooth operation of the dispensary facility by overseeing and directing all day-to-day operations and store personnel. The successful candidate will possess outstanding customer service skills, provide problem-solving skills, shows an attention to detail, has strong interpersonal and management abilities, and shows strong organizational, administrative, and time management skills. The Dispensary Manager is responsible for leading and directing the Dispensary Technicians, and other store personnel by ensuring professional growth and development. The job requires proper dispensary practices including, but not limited to, monitoring/evaluating/implementing medication orders, providing patient counseling, following proper labeling of medications and devices, and proper and safe storage of all cannabis products. The Dispensary Manager is also responsible for following all state statutes and regulations while also upholding the mission and values of Acreage Holdings, LLC and ensures that his/her team delivers Member Service Excellence at all times.
Responsible for fulfilling Dispensary Facility Manager requirements as stated in OR Regulations
Ensures all staff complies with all requirements of state medical marijuana statutes and regulations and provides direction and supervision of Inventory Manager, Dispensary technicians, and all other store personnel.
Customer Service Expectations
The Dispensary Facility Manager is expected to and responsible for their staff to:
- Deliver a superior level of customer service, both in person and over the phone; coaches other dispensary personnel on the commitment to provide excellent customer service.
- Consistently model professionalism and serves as a role model to the dispensary staff during periods of high stress and ambiguity.
- Resolve customer complaints and help respond to customer requests in a timely manner to ensure positive patient experience.
- Engage patients in a friendly, greeting manner and offer assistance with products and services.
- Evaluate dispensary processes to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Monitor customer service provided by team members and offers reminders, training, encouragement, and develop plans for improvement if needed.
- Uphold state licensure requirements
- Counsel customers and answers any questions regarding the usage of cannabis, dosing, side effects, interactions, contraindications, and devices needed to consume.
- Enforce security, cash, and inventory management protocols to nullify risk of diversion
- Oversee inventory and cash management, daily and weekly. Responsible for training and actions of a cash handling specialist and an Inventory Manager.
- Partner with the Inventory Manager to manage ordering, intake of deliveries including verifying accuracy of delivery, inspecting packages, submitting manifests, and entering products accurately in the Point-of-Sale system.
- Verify that customer registration is entered accurately
- Work with other management to ensure that fair scheduling is being followed; ensure that the proper technician to pharmacist ratio is followed dependent on state regulations
- Quality Assurance Program is maintained, and a quarterly QA meeting should be performed with the staff.
People & Performance Management
- Become a subject matter expert; assists members and coaches dispensary staff to both advise and educate patients, according to state guidelines, on the safe dosage and other aspects of cannabis.
- Diffuse difficult situations and ensure issues are resolved to a staff's satisfaction while upholding company standards
- Approach difficult conversations with employees and use diplomacy in human resource issues; request guidance from senior management when handling delicate situations.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and welcoming environment inside and outside the facility, paying a high attention to detail with both the safety of staff members and patients in mind.
- Develop employee performance improvement plans while finding solutions to positively improve an individual's performance.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, applicable employment laws, and show consistent, fair treatment of all team members.
- Communicate regularly with team members through one-on-one discussions, group meetings, and electronic communication to solicit input, questions, and promote open communication between management and non-management personnel.
- Promote teamwork and motivate team members by establishing expectations, tracking results, showing enthusiasm, and sharing vision.
Training and Personal Development
- Enhance current knowledge and skills related to pharmacy, healthcare, and cannabis education by reading relevant pharmacy and science journals, company publications, and other communications.
- Maintain awareness of developments in cannabis laws and regulations, pharmacy practice, and other state/federal law changes that would impact the business.
- Seek professional development by monitoring self-performance, solicit constructive feedback, and leverage upper management for support and mentorship.
Business Performance Management
- Identify sales opportunities to increase profits, growth, and financial performance of the dispensary facility.
- Maintain a sufficient supply of inventory for patients while looking to reduce shrink.
- Analyze different performance data, including financial, customer surveys, and inventory reports to improve profits and increase sales and customer counts.
- Develop relationships with the local medical community, including prescribers, and other businesses to build the store's brand and imprint in the community.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4 years prior manager experience
- Familiarity with history and varieties of marijuana preferred but not required
- Excellent attention to detail and prioritization skills
- Strong written and oral interpersonal communication skills
- Computer & equipment operations necessary for running an office/retail center (POS systems; Word; Excel; office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems)
- Extended time standing, sitting, walking, bending, and reaching
- Close visual focus required
- This position occasionally requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
Acreage Holdings believes this is an important measure to protect the health and safety of employees, customers, clients, family members and those who visit the workplace from COVID-19 infection.
New hires must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination, if vaccines are available and the employee is eligible, at time of hire.
This is policy is mandatory except for employees with a documented medical and/or religious reason for not receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. The process for seeking an exemption or reasonable accommodation based on a medical and/or religious is that the employee must provide appropriate supporting documentation to the VP of Human Resources for review and final determination
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.